PDA

View Full Version : Changing Headlight bulb in A4 2001 (newshape)

moss
24-01-2006, 11:09 PM
Anyone any ideas how you change the headlight blulb in a4 01 ? new shape, it says in the manual take to dealer, yeah right !!!

silly question, it is a bulb isnt it, i thought these where xenon lights?

thanks

Sam
25-01-2006, 11:30 AM
You need to first work out if you have xenons.

Look in the engine compartment and try and find two small battery-type packs with warning triangles on them

If you don't have xenons, you need to remove the parts around the headlights, snorkel, airbox power-steering reservoir and so on

I'm not too familiar with the A4 engine layout but presume it's fairly similar to that of the Passat, perhaps you could post a picture and we'll help further.

moss
04-02-2006, 09:32 PM
You need to first work out if you have xenons.

Look in the engine compartment and try and find two small battery-type packs with warning triangles on them

If you don't have xenons, you need to remove the parts around the headlights, snorkel, airbox power-steering reservoir and so on

I'm not too familiar with the A4 engine layout but presume it's fairly similar to that of the Passat, perhaps you could post a picture and we'll help further.

nice one, sorted now, :beerchug: it didnt have xenons thank the lord, but was a pig to get all the bits out the way, managed and replaced bulb at 8.99 cost, damn site cheaper than what audi would have wanted im sure, as handbook reccomends you send in to them for change !!:aargh4:

rhanney
12-02-2006, 05:29 PM
I have found the two screws on the top of the headlamp unit but after removing them the unit still seems to be fixed somewhere and won't slide out from the front. Are there any other fixings? :o

Kids Taxi
02-03-2006, 09:20 PM
:biglaugh: Just had same problem. (Audi A4 tdi 130 2002)

Passenger side headlight bulb blew. took to local garage. They changed the bulb with all the faf involved for £14 (inc new bulb)!

why bother doing it your self !!

triode
27-03-2006, 08:29 AM
rhanney

there are 4 screws in total. You have found the top two. There are two on the base of the light unit. You will see them if you down behind the unit with a torch. Loosen those, don't take them all the way off and wiggle the light unit out to give you some space to replace the bulb. If you don't want to pay 8,99 per bulb, I have found a website - consumabulbs.com and you can buy bulbs there nice and cheap - you realise what rip off merchants halfords are.

jasonaudiA4
01-12-2006, 12:43 AM
nice one, sorted now, :beerchug: it didnt have xenons thank the lord, but was a pig to get all the bits out the way, managed and replaced bulb at 8.99 cost, damn site cheaper than what audi would have wanted im sure, as handbook reccomends you send in to them for change !!:aargh4:

Hi there, i have the same problem with changing the bulb. What exactly do i need to take out to get to them?
Thanks, Jason

RickT
23-12-2006, 01:40 AM
If you still need help with this... have a look at this guide i wrote.

http://www.audi-forums.com/b6-forum/41575-b6-front-headlight-tail-light-guide.html

Cheers

RickT.

a4dean
27-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Cannot access link is it still valid?

RickT
28-12-2006, 12:22 AM
yeah...

i just used it now..

http://www.audi-forums.com/b6-forum/41575-b6-front-headlight-tail-light-guide.html

Cheers

RickT

stua4
08-01-2007, 09:48 PM
That guide looks really useful, cheers Rick.

RickT
08-01-2007, 10:31 PM
no worries...

RiCKT

Al boy
20-10-2007, 04:42 PM
hello rick i have tried to download your instructions on how to change a lightbulb on the new a4 but i can't for some reason would it be possible to send it to my e-mail address which is alechuckin@hotmail.co.uk i would really appricate it.

RickT
20-10-2007, 09:25 PM
hello rick i have tried to download your instructions on how to change a lightbulb on the new a4 but i can't for some reason would it be possible to send it to my e-mail address which is alechuckin@hotmail.co.uk i would really appricate it.

I have sent the guide over to you.. just to let you know.. once you have a few more posts under your belt it will allow you to download documents.

Rick

NickB5
13-11-2007, 07:09 PM

Cheers

RickT.

Hi Rick
I have tried to download the MS Doc but it says I don't have permissions
to do this any ideas ?
nick

RickT
13-11-2007, 11:04 PM
You need to get a few more posts under your belt.. i think the minimum amount was 10.. however i thought we had decreased this..

I will look into...

Rick

RickT
18-11-2007, 01:07 AM
if you still need the guide drop me a pm.

Rick

skeeley
31-12-2007, 05:35 PM

Cheers

RickT.
Hi Rick,

I'm trying to download your pdf re. changing bulbs but I'm unable to access with my login for some reason.

Would you be able to email it to me at sk@smartsystemsit.com?

Happy New Year!

Thanks.

RickT
31-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Hi Once you have made 5 posts you will be able to download it..

Drop a message into the welcome area and have a look in the CHAT section to get your count up,

if you are still havving issues drop me a message

Cheers

Rick

skeeley
31-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Many thanks - what a great site and such a speed response!

Kindest regards.

RickT
02-01-2008, 01:25 AM
Many thanks - what a great site and such a speed response!

Kindest regards.

No worries mate..

Rick

interceptor
10-02-2008, 01:05 PM
:beerchug: Cheers for the headlight change advice - used it and worked a tee even without proper tools! Longest lightbulb change i've ever done :aargh4: