PDA

View Full Version : vw polo 1.0 e 2001 gearbox headache

yas_b
28-09-2009, 11:43 AM
hi,
recently had alot of problems with my vw polo 1.0e want to get rid of it once i find a decent car i have replaced the gearbox 3 times now.
1st one went so bought a new clutch and saw a box on ebay said it was reconditioned etc bought it was fine for a month and then stuck in 3rd rang the guy up and after much discussion finally got a refund he said he got it reconditioned at some place he gave me number and address for rang them and they didnt know anythng about it anyways got refunded £82 quid for that only paid £122 with delivery from kent. was told common faults on these gearboxes so bought a fully recon unit with gurantee 12mnths/unlimited mileage for £395 from bellwood auto spares kent arrived put gearboil oil in worked fine week later noisy in 1st and 2nd mechanics told me its the bearing had a word with bellwoods they said send the one in the car and we'll send you another one. that means no car for me until they sent me one so i bought another brand new one of them paid 395 again and once i remove old one and send back they will refund this amount for me. was wondering which gearbox oil go in these because the 1st time i was told might have been the gearbox oil or something that was wrong?

is it 75w-90? fully synthetic