PDA

View Full Version : passat 03 130 TDI rear door lock

wmcalin
27-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Hi

Just noticed that the rear door will no longer open using the key fob, can open the door from inside the door will then lock with the fob.... :1zhelp:

Could anyone provide info on how I could fix this problem...
not sure if a new lock is required as the door does close using the fob.

any pointers would be appreciated.

thanks

martin1810
28-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Check wiring from b post to door, inside black tube. Check ccm wires under passenger side carpet. Unwrap wire and have a good look. If all is well it could be the micro switch in the door lock. You will then have to take door trim and panel off to have a look. Some people have managed to fix this by giving the lock a good clean.

wmcalin
28-09-2009, 11:07 AM
thanks for the poiners, could you let me know what's the B post.

Thanks

Hex69
28-09-2009, 11:29 AM
B- post is the vertical piece of the car's structure that the rear door hinges on.

A-post between windscreen and front door.

C-post between rear door and rear screen.

Hope this helps ;)

wmcalin
28-09-2009, 11:58 AM
many thanks

wmcalin
29-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Ok this problem has gone from bad to worse....

Door is now locked shut I can no longer open the door from iside ie using the internal door handle to open this was working.... also cannot hear any click from the lock when operating the central locking....

Is the lock at fault or electrical/wiring issue from cam to lock

Does any one have any tips on removing the door panel from inside the car

thanks in advance

martin1810
29-09-2009, 08:30 AM
Now you know where the b post is. Find the wires from the door and follow them into the b post. Somewhere in that area there is a connector. Have agood look at it. If you can't find a dodgy wire then you will need to thump the door near the lock while someone operates the central locking. This usually works but you may have to try for a long time. You need to look for a broken orange/purple or orange/brown wire between the b post and the door.