PDA

View Full Version : Lamda sensor

FEMI AJANA
23-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Help
I've had the front Lamda sensor changed twice on my car but the emmision warning light is still on. :aargh4:

The diagnostic points to the front Lamda sensor, I've had 2 new ones fitted, but after driving for between 50 & 100 miles the light comes back on.

I drive an 03 A4 Multitronic Cab'

Anyone got any ideas ??

RickT
23-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Hi,

Which light are you referring to??

have you had chance to get it onto VAG-COM? if so what faults are present?

What are the readings between the MAF and Cat sensor? (if you have access to VAG-COM?

RicKT

madfella65
24-04-2007, 12:27 AM
I suspect at a MAJOR stab in the dark that this is down to the connection / wiring to the sensor and not actually the sensor!

FEMI AJANA
24-04-2007, 07:06 PM
@ Rick T
Its the light that looks like an engine according to the the book it relates to the emmisions. The mechanic used a diagnostic machine & it pointed to to the front lamda sensor.

@Paddy is there anyway of proving this

Thanks
Guys

paulco62
03-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Femi Ajana

Just to let you know your not on your own. I have exactly the same problem with my 02 A4 and the lambda sensor has been changed. Also Auto electrician has supposedly checked the wiring?
The last time i took it in , they said they could find no faults and just reset the computer? Very irritating!!
If you find a solution , please let me know and i will do likewise

Paul C

FEMI AJANA
10-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Paulco,

Plugged the car upto the mot emiision tester, the emissions were well below the legal limit, but every so often it would rise above the limit & then go back down again. The next test is to change the back Lamda sensor .

I'll keep you posted

RickT
10-05-2007, 11:03 PM
if the engine light is on it could be anything.. many faults tigger the engine light..

did the guy give you a fault code??

Where abouts are you?? I have Vag-Com and will hook it up for you if your local..

RickT