PDA

View Full Version : 2002 1.8T Quattro (ARY) Power drop off. Intermitant...??

Al_UK
26-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Hi all, hopefully someone can shed some light on this!!
I have a A3 1.8T Quattro with the ARY 180bhp motor. I had it remapped earlier this year by more-bhp.com and I suspect it's around the 200 ish mark. It is standard apart from an induction kit and a Forge recirculating dump/diverter valve. The problem I have is that when accelerating hard there is an occasional flat spot (becoming more regular :zx11:).
The car pulls really well and the boost gauge shows around 1.2 Bar then settles back to 1 Bar but the power will drop off quite a bit until I let off the throttle slightly, then it seems to pull a little bit better. Every now and then the boost gauge will show 1.5 Bar under full load but I don't know if that's just the gauge mis-reading.
There are no warning lamps on and I've scanned for faults and there are none stored...
Since I've had the car, I've replaced the MAF and a lot of underbonnet vacuum hoses. I've had a good search around under the bonnet whilst the engine is running and can't see/hear/feel any more duff hoses....
Has anyone got any ideas for me to try?! I hope so as I love the car and it's starting to annoy me!! :1zhelp:
Sorry for the long post but I thought it best to give as much info as possible!!
Many thanks people!
Alan.

Edit: I serviced it earlier this year, including OEM sparkplugs and oil filter. I removed the sump and cam cover to clean any sludge and also cleaned out the oil pump pickup pipe. Looking in the service history, it had 4x new coil packs about 2 years ago.

sr-performance
27-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Hi mate, how soon after remap did you start having probs?

Al_UK
28-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Hi, I reckon it was about 2-3 months after the remap.
Cheers,
Al.

Al_UK
07-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Managed to have another look at this today and found my wastegate actuator to be very stiff to operate. Do my symptoms sound like the symptoms associated with a siezed actuator?
Cheers,
Al.