PDA

View Full Version : My 3.00tdi does not like a petrol diet!

robtt09
25-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Yes, I did it ! Returned from two week hols' went to Asda filled her up with petrol and wondered about the strange noises engine made as I drove off! Thankfully only did about 1km before I could pull in safely and got car towed to dealer by the RAC. So pleased to hear from Service Dept.this morning no damage and car ready to roll again this evening.Churchill said they would pick up the tab but as under £300.00 I will pay and make no claim to save No Claims.

I complained to Asda they should have black hose for diesel and green for petrol and not all black as at present .They said this will be done on next update of forecourt !

I hang my head in shame!!

Jop
25-09-2009, 09:55 AM
D'oh (_8^(|)

I like the way, for a small moment at least, "it was asda's fault"

Diesel's always have strange noises coming from the bonnet?? so still wonder how you noticed. ;)

Bratty
25-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Was on Hols last week in the costa del crime and had the misfortune to hire a C4 Citroen Petrol model. It broke the first night and was replaced with a diesel one, and I must say that the diesel was much more relaxing to drive it was not too noisy and it pulled like a train! When it came to topping up I was amazed how economical it was and then after paying I got back into the car. THEN!!! REALITY CHECK!! I suddenly became aware why I do not want a diesel. That horrible sickly smell of unrefined heating oil residue on your hands and shoes after being within 5 meters of a diesel pump!! At least with petrol it smells almost pleasant but even so, will go fairly quickly. And who wants a car that is compared to a train for goodness sake!

Dunk

avant_adam
25-09-2009, 10:30 PM
I managed to squeeze £55 of BPs finest Ultimate Unleaded in my 3.0Tdi - so concerned looking for the "Ultimate" pump that I didn't pay close enough attention to the Unleaded bit. Fortunately I spotted it before I went to pay. Total cost was £55 for petrol and £135 to get it drained.

One issue was that you can't remove the handbrake without the engine running so if you do it you have to start the car briefly to release the handbrake... what was wrong with a proper lever?