PDA

View Full Version : Question auxilary source on MMi

Union8
22-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Hi all,
I need some help please today i was looking at some of the option with the CD and I noticed that I have 2 auxilary source on the MMI option so my question is how can i access those source i.e can i plug a ipod or dvd player also were is this input. (sorry for maybe this silly question):confused:

Thanks
Adam

Micha_elD
22-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Do you have a TV tuner installed?

Union8
23-09-2009, 07:09 PM
yes I do have TV

Micha_elD
23-09-2009, 09:40 PM
OK, if you have a TV tuner then you can get up to 2 sets of leads that will attach to the TV tuner to add AV devices, they each have a component video, plus a L & R sound channel. Have a look on ebay, search for "MMI AV" or "MMI lead" and you should see a few. Make sure you get the A8 style ones, they attach to new pins that you add in to the plug, not a conventional plug going into a socket arrangement. It sounds odd, but only takes a few minutes to fit. Should cost about £10 per set

Its up to you what you add, but you'll need to run the wires from the TV tuner, which is behind the left hand side boot panel.

I ran a set of wires into the centre console to plug in an MP3 player, and another set to go to the DVD players on the back of the front seats, that means that we can have a DVD player showing a movie in the back, and on the MMI screen, with the sound going through the Bose surround sound system.

Other options might be to connect a PS2, reversing camera, or even side-facing cameras so you can see to pull out of junctions

Union8
24-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the information Micha, now all i need to do is get all the stuff.:D