View Full Version : dance puppets, DANCE! HAHAH dealers can be funny

razta
22-09-2009, 02:10 PM
well, as you know i'm getting an Audi A4 2010 model
2.0 turbo S-line

ok..
i put the deposit down 10 days ago
car's not expected until December
then i had a masterstroke will i was sipping on my grapefruit juice and checking the hunnies at Jumeira beach
as i was there for the past 2 days for my hols

there was an Audi dealer in Dubai
just not to far from the hotel
i walked in,
they quoted me a brilliant price on a fully loaded 3.2 A4 2009
and it's a bargin
so i said ok.. gimme it on paper, signed
drove back to abu dhabi
just called the dealer here, and told him the score, and.. he said, i've got a 2010 3.2
and he said he's got it in the SHOWROOM, and he'll BEAT THAT!
HAHAHHAHA

Masterstroke or what????
HAHHAHAHAHA
HAHHAHA

troc
22-09-2009, 02:29 PM
You see happy :D

:beerchug:

mkc
22-09-2009, 03:02 PM
That was a very good move. Was it the colour and eveything you really wanted though?

ScottyUK
22-09-2009, 03:49 PM
I don't know about Masterstroke but it's always good to play one against another ;)

Jop
22-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Get Some!!!

razta
23-09-2009, 03:50 AM
ok.. now for an extra 20,000 Dirhams, which is about £3300
I'm getting a 2010 3.2 Ltr A4 Sline with all the bells and whistles apart from the Advanced key, Including the B&O speakers
in Meteor Grey, and with the Audi Exclusive interior (Black and Conjac leather), also the 19" 5 spoke rims

razta
23-09-2009, 04:03 AM
ok.. here's how good the deal is..

the base price of the car is 185,000 Dhs = about £30,800
the equipment is worth about 40,000 Dhs = about £6700
and i'm getting it for 190,000!
HAHAHHAH

and the BEST thing is that they just got it delivered! i'm picking it up with in the next few days!!

ScottyUK
23-09-2009, 08:16 AM
About 16% is a very good discount. :beerchug:

The most we can normally get in the UK is up to about 12% although that's on a custom made factory order. I'm not sure what level could be achieved if you're buying from stock.

razta
23-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Thanks man, mind you, the spec level does vary from place to place..

It's just that the Dealers here know what the customers want, so they order a few, the only thing they can't predict on is the colour.

razta
23-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Plus, with the Global Financial Crisis, Dealers will go the extra mile, or KM where i am.. to seal the deal..
cos hardly anyone is buying

wicker1
23-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Hi guys, I am about to order a new 170 Tdi quattro, what is the average percentage of discount dealers are giving, I seem to be struggling to get 8%:1zhelp:

razta
23-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Wicker, go to the dealers that have loads of cars IN STOCK, that means they're not shifting it according to their figures, and get quotes from a few dealers, if poss signed/official etc.. and just wait for them to dance, also, don't make it seem like you're desperate :-)

hope that helps

onemanparty
23-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Wicker, go to the dealers that have loads of cars IN STOCK, that means they're not shifting it according to their figures, and get quotes from a few dealers, if poss signed/official etc.. and just wait for them to dance, also, don't make it seem like you're desperate :-)

hope that helps

Funny thing is that most dealers do not have loads of stock if any - Lead times are increasing on Audi 14 to 16 weeks. If you want an A5 you are looking at March 2010

Bratty
23-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Hi razta, just for intrest is the steering wheel on the left or right in UAE?

Dunk

razta
24-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Hi razta, just for intrest is the steering wheel on the left or right in UAE?

Dunk
Left, and they use KM's here, like the rest of the world

Bratty
24-09-2009, 05:22 PM
I think that the UK Audi market is a bit different to the Non-RHD. The dealers have MAX quotas for the month and as in my case (it was a LHD) if that limit is reached then your order is slipped. I am also very sceptical on my situation as when I visited the dealership when the car was originally planned, there were "QUITE A FEW MY2010" demonstrators on the forecourt, conspiricy theory perhaps!!?!! but my car was ordered as a 2009 and there was know knowledge of the details of the updated version and low and behold my car is slipped but ??? You know where I am coming from:aargh4:

Dunk

razta
25-09-2009, 04:48 AM
well as far as i know.. Dealers (here) take stock of car they think most people will buy, with the specs too..

but due to the Global Financial Crisis last year especially, stock hasn't shifted - and now, people who are willing to spend are pretty thin.. hence the dealers bending over backwards.
Also the Dealer here in Abu Dhabi has 5 3.2 A4s in stock i took the Meteor Grey one with the Audi Exclusive Interior.

Picking it up on Tuesday.

onemanparty
25-09-2009, 07:46 AM
well as far as i know.. Dealers (here) take stock of car they think most people will buy, with the specs too..

but due to the Global Financial Crisis last year especially, stock hasn't shifted - and now, people who are willing to spend are pretty thin.. hence the dealers bending over backwards.
Also the Dealer here in Abu Dhabi has 5 3.2 A4s in stock i took the Meteor Grey one with the Audi Exclusive Interior.

Picking it up on Tuesday.

Thats the dfference in the UK the stock has shifted - Used Car prices are increasing all the time because you can not get them.

Dealers are crying out for stock - Maybe not 3.2 A4 more 2.0TDI in the UK

razta
25-09-2009, 07:51 AM
cos petrol is sooooo cheap here, and no one looks at fuel economy, they don't sell Diesel pots here.. it's not even available on the audi configurator for the middle east!

put it this way it costs about £12 to fill up an average tank