PDA

View Full Version : Question V6 remapping

hbsteer
21-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Anyone had remapping carried out and was it as good as they all claim ? :Blush:

motechmike
22-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Anyone had remapping carried out and was it as good as they all claim ? :Blush:

We have done many of these.. They really do what they say on the tin..

Improved power, responce , and MPG..

Ok your going to think were got to say that.. But we also deal with 5 Vw and 4 Audi dealers and they all say the same.. :biglaugh:

nbusin
30-10-2009, 01:21 AM
I personally don't belive that you can get more MPG. I have had a V10 touareg remapped and noticed a very very tiny power increase and REDUCED MPG. Remember no remapping could ever cure your lust for more power and speed !!!

hbsteer
30-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Thanks for your comments, I went ahead and had it done a couple of weeks ago. My aim was to improve fuel economy and torque for towing. and the supplier I finally settled on quoted the lowest increase in bhp (only 30 compared to others of 45), as increase in speed was not my aim I decided to go with them.

Best choice I ever made, took them about 2 hrs to do the job on my drive and no problems encountered.

Didn't use the car much for the first 10 days or so, but thought I'd noticed a increase in economy running back and forwards to parents house (3 miles or so) started getting 27/28 MPG. Then last Saturday we had to go to Exeter (140 miles) went down M4 & M5 returned 36 mpg at normal motorway driving for most people i.e not inside lane.
Returned via A303 and M3 got nearly 37 ! this from a car which used to max out at around 32/33

Car is smoother, slightly quicker on the pick up and definitley more economic, but I could just be lucky. Off again this weekend so I'll see if it was a fluke... but I doubt it. Now does 700 miles to the tank and will recover the cost in about 18 months, less if I have to keep going to Exeter. :beerchug:

descb600f
06-05-2010, 12:28 PM
oldish thread but how is it running these days?

hbsteer
21-11-2010, 12:26 PM
oldish thread but how is it running these days?

Still very good, paid for it's self months ago, well worth doing.

Snaga
18-04-2011, 07:56 PM
ANd which company did you use?