PDA

View Full Version : 2004 TDI VW transporter ventilation problem

alijay
22-04-2007, 10:17 PM
It has become apparent in the warmer weather that there is no cold air coming thru the dashboard outlets. No problems getting air to the windscreen or to the footwell outlets.
Does anybody have a drawing of the ducting arrangement or any knowledge as to how the rotary airflow control works.

ianharrris
19-08-2008, 10:09 PM
hi. did you get this sorted?
Ian

alijay
19-08-2008, 10:20 PM
No Ian haven't got it sorted in fact with the weather we have had we haven't felt the need to bring cold air into the van so we haven't thought much about it. But if we do get a change of weather I would be obliged for any help you can give.

lund-dean
21-08-2008, 09:07 AM
i had a similar problem but with the temp controller. If you remove the heater controllers in the dash, the alloy arm that pulls the cable to change the air flow position has probably broken. as you turn the dial to adjust the temp and air flow position an alloy arm pulls on these cables, which actually require a lot of force and hence with time they fatigue and fracture. anyway i HTH and solves your problem.

L.

phvwt5
29-11-2012, 09:34 PM
I realise these posts are over 4 years old but did you resolve the ventilation control problem? I have a similar problem, no air flow from dashboard vents. I have removed lower dashboard and can see the cable behind the dial has a kink in it. I haven't worked out how to remove the ventilation, heating and fan speed controllers from the dash, did you manage to do this? Any advice on how to replace these control cables would be appreciated.

T5 TDI
30-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Try this- http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/how-to-fix-your-heater-cables-improved_topic49523.html