PDA

View Full Version : EPS Fault - Any Chance of Goodwill Payment?

peteo
20-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Both my ESP and ABS lights come on. I've posted on the Golf Mark 5 thread about the detail and although I haven't had any answers yet, reading through other posts indicate that when the ESP light comes on you can kiss goodbye to your next holiday! It seems to indicate that the ABS system needs doing at a cost of £1300.

This seems to be a common fault with the Golf and the Touran. So much so that if you google it loads of threads come including many on Martin Lewis' Money Saving Expert website. There are loads of US threads as well.

As the ABS light on as well, everybody seems to agree that it is an MOT failure even though evidence seems to suggest that the car can still be driven safely - like a car with no ABS.

But surely, if this is as common a problem as it seems, VW should have recalled the affected vehicles given that it is an MOT item?

My car was supplied by a VW dealer and sold on, to me, by another VW dealer, the servie history is complete and all main dealer. The car is not much more than 4 years old and has done less than 30,000 miles.

What are my chances of getting a goodwill payment towards the likely £1300 bill. Why is it so bloody much anyway?

Just to add, I would expect the goodwill payment to come from VAG rather than the dealer.

desmondman
04-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Hello,
Contact your local VW Dealer...they carry out a diagnosis with their on line VAS5051/5052 ''Guided fault finding''..they they send in a DISS report via their SAGA2 online contact system & you should receive a response within 24 hours on any possible ''goodwill'' from Volkswagen ....there are processes in place which all VW dealers are aware of in their Desktop communication system.

Regards

peteo
04-10-2009, 11:25 PM
In the event the prob was a faulty ABS sensor and a bearing. The dealer gave me a discount on the parts without me asking so quite happy with that.