PDA

View Full Version : Aux Video Input

mohammadrasool
20-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Could someone please shed some light into where the Aux Video Input 1 and Aux Video Input 2 are situated in the car. I have MMi 2G with digita ltv tuner.
I would like to add a dvd player but don't know where the inputs are in the car.

Jop
20-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Could someone please shed some light into where the Aux Video Input 1 and Aux Video Input 2 are situated in the car. I have MMi 2G with digita ltv tuner.
I would like to add a dvd player but don't know where the inputs are in the car.

they are not "video in" as you already know it. You need a custom cable that connects to the MMI high unit in the boot. with this cable you get 2x video in and 1x video out (i think)

How do you find the TV tuner? I have one, and have had it unlocked but rarely use it. It is excellent in heavy traffic mind you. (for the passangers)
Most the time it only receives analogue when in motion.
I think the EPG integration could of been executed a bit better.

I did find the cable somewhere but didn't get around to ordering it.. Now i cant find a link !!! grrr!!

mohammadrasool
20-09-2009, 07:44 PM
they are not "video in" as you already know it. You need a custom cable that connects to the MMI high unit in the boot. with this cable you get 2x video in and 1x video out (i think)

How do you find the TV tuner? I have one, and have had it unlocked but rarely use it. It is excellent in heavy traffic mind you. (for the passangers)
Most the time it only receives analogue when in motion.
I think the EPG integration could of been executed a bit better.

Is this the cable?
http://www.fiscon.co.uk/audi/a4-b8-8k/mmi-high-tv-tuner-aux-video-audio-input.html

could you tell me where and how to use this cable
thanks.

Jop
20-09-2009, 10:03 PM
yes, thats the cable.
as far as i understand it, that cable connects to the computer system thats housed in the boot. (in my avant its located behind a left hand panel in the boot, not sure about the saloon).
you need to connect these pins to that on the back of the unit.
I've got this info from another forum.
Pins 9,10,11,12,13 are picture and sound in (AV1)
Pins 15,16,17,18,19 are picture and sound in (AV2)

good luck.

Incaripod
05-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Hi There

Contact the Company In Car Digital

0844 8797 239

They supply Mulitmedia Interfaces for the VAG Range to add DVD DVB-T etc onto the Front screen

Thanks