PDA

View Full Version : VW Audi service light resets

markmundy
18-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Can any one help!

I am being told that 58 plate on model year VW Audi vehicles are unable to have the service lights reset using VAG COM.
Has any one come across this and if so have they found a solution.

:1zhelp:

towcestervag
18-09-2009, 06:43 PM
mark
just reset audi a6 58 plate with vag com
the reading on mmi says no service info for 1 week or 500 miles its my mates car and it does work on 58 plate cars

paul b
18-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Mark, what cable and software are you using?

markmundy
19-09-2009, 09:10 PM
I am using latest release 908 and Hex + Can connector (Ross-Tech). I can't see why it wouldn't work, but A few Audi techs say that VAG have modified the service reset protocols on new models and that Vag Com will not reset these models on variable service as the addaption chanels are changed/blocked. I haven't been able to try it out as no one I know has a late vehicle to play with. :o

towcestervag
19-09-2009, 09:20 PM
i went in on the dash panel then adaption to reset as per the old way on vag equipment and had no problems
im servicing a phaeton on monday and will let you know if it works on this Pete

markmundy
19-09-2009, 09:25 PM
If you can let me know that would be great. What year is the Phaeton?
:biglaugh:

bearthebruce
19-09-2009, 11:12 PM
As far as I know, we have no issues with our current release resetting service intervals or resetting the reminder. We have an '08 A5, '09 Jetta, and an '10 Diesel Touareg for testing purposes. As far as I have heard from the development guys, no issue here.

Did someone actually try and fail or is this all speculation?

paul b
19-09-2009, 11:40 PM
From what I've read in this post, it's just speculation, Bruce.

Might just be a bit of hot air so to speak. :)

towcestervag
20-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Mark its a 08 plate Phaeton

markmundy
21-09-2009, 11:16 AM
The reason I asked was quite a few local independant garages in my area have had problems resetting 58 plate onward VW & Audi's.
They are using Vag com and as I go mobile, I have spoken to them and they have said they cannot reser them. I have spoken to them and talked them through the process as I understand it and they still say it wont work.
I haven't yet been out to any of these vehicles and before I do I just wanted check to see if any one has had any issues.

Crasher
21-09-2009, 11:28 AM
I am finding that VCDS’s SRI reset function does not always work, often I have to go into Adaptation 10 Group 02 and do it manually. Some late cars need further coding changes but I have serviced a few 09 A4’s and have been able to reset the indicator.

bearthebruce
21-09-2009, 03:49 PM
An update: I queried the tech guys this am. Seems there is evidence of difficulties with VCDS doing the SRI on new instrument clusters with the UDS/ODX/ASAM protocol. These would be found in some '08 and newer cars.

We're trying to get a handle on the problem because all of ours that have this protocol are working well. We need help from the field. If you find a vehicle where you cannot do the SRI reset, please contact support@Ross-Tech.com so we can get data from that vehicle.

towcestervag
21-09-2009, 08:09 PM
reset 08 3.0 ltr diesel phaeton today
must admit didnt use sri
done it the old way adaption 10 channel 02
but ive allways done it this way

Crasher
21-09-2009, 08:11 PM
I have gone back to that method.

bearthebruce
21-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Some of the reports coming in are that doing it the old way by using the adaptaion channels is not working and the SRI - when the correct script is selected in the drop down box, is. More work has been done today to try and make things break here at the office. No luck. So, again, we need the information from the new clusters with the UDS/ODX/ASAM controls.

Going back to the old method is not helping us resolve the issue for you. I realize it gets the car out of the bay and back on the road - which is highly desireable for getting paid and so on, but we could really use your support since we don't have vehicles in which it is failing and do not understand the problem. All we ask is that you help us help you.

Crasher
21-09-2009, 11:21 PM
OK, next time it falls over what do you want from us, in plain English so the thickies of us can grasp it-over 45 and not that good at computers you know! :D

bearthebruce
22-09-2009, 02:40 AM
Also over 45 and challenged.;)

What the boss tells me we need to start with is an autoscan from the car.

Then they may need a debug file from the car as well. I know full well the car may not be in the shop long enough to hear from us what we need, but at least save the autoscan. I don't want to say at what level the debug should be set because that will depend on what is learned from the autoscan.

So as said, we would like you to contact us if it is possible. Because of the time difference, I'm not sure if we can do this in a timely fashion or not. The ideal situation would be that the car was staying with you for a day or two and we could have time to analyze what is learned. Then if we needed more, we could ask for that. But we understand, a customer will want their car back.

I will ask what more they might want to help them resolve the problems. Thanks for the willingness to help.

As I said, the tech staff spent most of today trying to get the SRI function to not work on the modules we have. They could not do it and remain as confused as they were at the start of the day. So, we really need info from a car on which the SRI fails.

markmundy
22-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Hi all
I think we may have a break through.
One of my colleuges has just recieved this e-mail from Ross Tech.

> Thank you! The debug file you sent contained the key to the puzzle. I
> won't bore you with the technical details, but I'm reasonably confident
> that we now know why the Reset worked on some cars but not on others, and
> have fixed the problem.
>
> I've put a new VCDS.EXE file (in ZIP format) here:
> http://download.ross-tech.com/VCDS/download/R908/vcds-908.0.7.exe.zip (http://download.ross-tech.com/VCDS/download/R908/vcds-908.0.7.exe.zip)
>
> If you extract the file from there into the folder where you have VCDS
> installed (allow it to overwrite the existing one) I believe you will be
> able to reset the service reminder on that car. We will confirm this
> ourselves on Wednesday when we should have access to a CC.

Once I have had conformation it works I'll pass it on

Thanks

Mark

Crasher
22-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Ok.

markmundy
22-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Sorry to sound dumb, but I've just tried my own suggestion and I cannot get the file to load into VCDS has any one any ideas?

bearthebruce
23-09-2009, 12:15 PM
How did you extract the files? Did you do as directed and extract them to the exisiting VCDS folder? If you did, then they should have overwritten the previous files in that folder.

What extraction tool did you use?

You said you "cannot get the file to load into VCDS". The file provided was a compacted replacement for VCDS. It does not "load" into VCDS.

Help me to understand what you tried to do.

markmundy
23-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Sorry the description was a bit vauge! It was late and I was getting the ****. When I originaly read the information I thought the file was an addition to VCDS not a replacment. Once I had got my head around, that I replaced the original file with the update and tried it on my Skoda Octavia 05 plate and VCDS did not seem to work as it did. Usuay when entering into scan mode it would ask for model type before the scan but it didn't on the new version and some control units would not show up as ther did in the old version. I'm not sure if it was the way I installed the update.
I down loaded the file then extracted it. I then saved the files to VCDS file and the info box asked me if I wanted to delete old file or save. I asked it to overwrite existing file. The only think is I am using Vista on my PC

bearthebruce
23-09-2009, 09:00 PM
So where are we now - are you up and running the replacement you were sent to try or are you still struggling? If struggling, I will get the tech guys back in touch with you.

markmundy
24-09-2009, 11:02 AM
I'll try the update again, but this time I'll read the instructions!
If I have any problems I'll drop you a line.

The other problem I had when I loaded the update to my PC was, when I ran the program and clicked on the SRI button it came up no data found. But as I said before it might well be me and my inability to bond with my PC.

Under 40 and very challenged :o

markmundy
05-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks for everyones help so far.

I have run the update correctly this time and have tried it on a 58 plate A4 it seems to work, but I'm not sure if it was because it was an older type A4 with single CAN control.
I'm being told the problem seems to be communicating with the newer 2 CAN system.

Any further information would be great

markmundy
14-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Just a big thank you to all the members that have helped out on this issue, It seems the problem may be resolved.