PDA

View Full Version : No show at Frankfurt

Typ 5K
17-09-2009, 01:24 PM
First post! Woohoo! :D

So, despite the rumours, it appears there was no sign of the A1 at the Frankfurt motor show. Slightly surprising, since it was expected to enter production in early 2010. Has the launch been pushed back? I would have thought a new small Audi would have been a top priority at the moment.

tlionhart
17-09-2009, 01:39 PM
totally agree. The only top announcement was the R8 spyder.

No RS5, RS3, A3 next generation, A1, A7. Although what I could work out, the cars on display would be out within the next 6-7 months. The rest will prob be at Detroit motorshow or next years Frankfurt show.

I really think this R8 e-tron will be pointless...wasn't there a sports car featured on top gear last year? It didn't get very far and to keep up with the power demand, your electric bills would cost more than the car!! The funny thing about the car is it kept needing recharging and would take hours!

Perhaps they should focus on half electric half fuel...and make it better from there, rather than one pointless leap!

I was on the audi.com website and watched the F.shows countdown, i could have sworn seeing the A1 under the covers? Unless it is there this year, but no changes, etc to what we already know.

onemanparty
19-09-2009, 08:07 AM
I think Geneva will be the show for the A1.

Typ 5K
18-10-2009, 01:15 AM
I think Geneva will be the show for the A1.

Yep, the word on the street is now that the 3-door will be launched at Geneva in March. Also the first prototype spy shots have now emerged:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-cars/Search-Results/Spyshots/Audi-A1-2010-first-spy-photos-of-Audis-Mini/