PDA

View Full Version : Audi A6 Instrument Backlight

maknight
17-09-2009, 08:27 AM
I hope someone can help me with this...

The backlight on the instrument display on my A6 (2001 A6 Avant 2.4 SE) no longer lights up when I start the car. However, it DOES come on when I turn the lights on (and dims when they go to dipped rather than sidelights).

The trip computer still works, and clearly it CAN light up, as shown when I turn on the lights. Why would it not light up when the lights aren't on? Is it a separate bulb? And if that is the case, would I have to replace the whole unit just for one blow bulb?

Please help!

Thanks

Matt

Audi A6 2.4SE Avant 2001
Audi A3 1.8T Sport 1997

depeyre
19-11-2009, 11:49 PM
I would imagine you can change the bulbs for a few pence.
I have had the panels off on my old A Class and Alfa but this one I am at loss to work out - Not sure if you can get a Haynes for the A6 but it may be similar to the A4 it may be worth haveing a look in er em Hallfords at an open manual and sussing it out.
I am also wanting to get to the Intrument on my A6 some off, the info is awire no oil meter and a dodgy milometer.

Any ideas on how you get the panel off , will have a look at Haynes maybe but would appreciate any advice.
My OBDII scanner is not working on this Model any idea's if the A6 is compliant to this ?

bubi
16-12-2009, 12:51 PM
OBDII Scanner should work with A6 with no problem.

jon_viola
08-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Where does the scanner plug in? How do you remove the dash to put new bulbs behind?