PDA

View Full Version : A3 ..cuts out ..and judders ??!!

JAEZUN
22-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Got an A3 1.8SE 1999 (V).

The revs from time to time can be bouncy..between ...1000 rpm..down to zilch.
You can pull out of a turning and the power just goes...and take ya foot off and may be ok..or stall ?

Then driving you can hit a point where even at 80mph or so..it judders and most time gets thru it.

Other times it will just cut out if approaching a turning...braking clutch down...revs drop and cuts ...???

I believe i need a new starter motor as im getting a screech and its holding on...but is this to do with that ?

any ideas ??

JAEZUN
24-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Well i did read about the pressure ....and did notice that my oil filler cap was not as tight as shud be ! and now had a new starter motor fitted.

And seems better ...not cut out for one day ...and no judders tho the rpm still a bit bouncy !

I am putting in to sanspeed 2moro 2 have a look 2 see if anything comes up.

Will post on as may help others !

Now tho getting a slight rumble when pull away fast frm standing ...only pull away tho ....I hope not drive shaft or something !!!

alex130tdi
24-04-2007, 05:47 PM
I might be able to help with this, do you have a pic of your engine!
can you send a link into the forum

JAEZUN
24-04-2007, 05:55 PM
I do not have a pic...but can try uploading one ??

Not sure how will do it but will try .

what r u thinking ??

much appreciated

JAEZUN
25-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Sanspeed did diagnostics...

Showed up 4 ecu fault codes...

codes 18010...power supply terminal
16706..rpm sensor no signal
16486 air flow sensor signal too low
17916... idle system upper limit reached

They cleared all fault codes....plus....cleaned air filter / cleaned plugs / checked emiisions / cleaned throttle housing !!

And now running like a dream !!

All for £58 which i think is a touch and they had it for 1 1/2 hrs !

alex130tdi
26-04-2007, 05:36 PM
throttle body, thats definitely going to have been the problem, I just could not remember. but had exactly the same on old GTI MKIII golf, could not believe it when I fixed it, it seemed so simple, agree that it was £58 well spent. good on you.