PDA

View Full Version : Octavia 2.0 2007- Dual Mass Flywheel Stalls Engine

TDitch
14-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Hello all Octavia drivers and mechanics.

This is my first thread and I am not very technically educated where cars are concerned, so please excuse if I should state the obvious.

Recently I bought the Octavia and was shocked:aargh4: by the loud bang which accompanied the engine's stall n stop when I failed to have enough revs. in 2nd gear. My local Skoda dealer advises me that this would be normal:confused: for the Octavia having a D M flywheel and that I should maintain higher revs. to avoid 2nd gear stalling.

Why the loud bang and could I just increase the tick-over revs. to avoid this event?

Regards

Col
14-09-2009, 10:23 PM
That doesn't sound normal.

Can you better explain what happens, when it happens and you do to make it happen?

shark_90
14-09-2009, 10:28 PM
They do make a hell of a bang when they stall. It sounds normal to me and you shouldn't let the revs get too low as the engine is totally gutless below 1200rpm.

TDitch
15-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Hi Shark 90.

Thanks your response. I will make sure that idling revs. are above 1200 and try to remember to keep my right foot a little lower before resuming speed in 2nd gear.

Rgds TDitch

TDitch
15-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Thanks for your response.

Trying to resume speed (say from crawling speed) in 2nd gear, the engine doesn't just hesitate but stops dead/cuts out. The event is still as described in my opening thread. Also see Shark 90's response.

Regards
TDitch