PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Cluster Lighting.

Hippogriff
14-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Should my instrument cluster be lit during the day, or not? Sometimes you can hardly see anything because it's so dark in there. I played with the brightness knob at nighttime, and it's fine then. In the day, shouldn't I have an option to have the instruments lit up? Do I, but don't know where it is?

ScottyUK
14-09-2009, 10:57 PM
You should have your needles and dials lit (unless you go in a tunnel etc).

However these are controlled able in VCDC (formally VAG-COM) so it could be you've an incorrect setting.

Jop
15-09-2009, 09:29 AM
if your using "auto headlights" it will be lit when it needs to be.

If you've not got your lights set to auto it will be lit when it needs to be most of the time. However... if its dark enough that that the car thinks you need your headlights on and you haven't turned them on it will switch off your cluster lighting to kind of remind you that you don't have your headlights on.

Thats my take on it and its not failed me yet.
basically just leave them on "auto".although then sometimes your sweet DRL's are masked by the main beam when it doesn't need to be on

MFGF
15-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Mine seems to be very hit-and-miss. I keep my lights switched to Auto all the time, but my dashboard illumination often seems to be on when I don't need it, and off when I do :confused:

MF.

ScottyUK
15-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Try adjusting the auto lights on setting to medium or low depending on where they're currently set.

MFGF
15-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Thanks Scotty. Spookily, I spotted that option for the very first time this morning. The only problem is, it's on a loaner A4 from the dealer (my car's in with them again for two days), and my A6 does not have this option anywhere in the MMI menu system...