PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help...........

Jay121
21-04-2007, 09:56 PM
I have a Audi 80 2.0L 1992 J plate, what i need help on is the central locking will keep locking its self after i have unkocked and when it dose stay onen and i open the boot and then close it it will lock its self again :mad: i really don't know whats going on :confused: can anyone :1zhelp:me plz.

Thanx jay

audri
03-06-2007, 09:18 PM
unplug central locking vacuum at source in boot on right side ,put key in door and unlock,lock, in opposite position to what was not working, plug vacuum back in and hey presto .

Fettler
03-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Audri put your glasses on you dont look like Audri without them!

ndi7
29-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Hi, Jay121, am ndi, i own a 1992 audi AG, v6. but my manual is in German language and i don't understand how the bordcomputer works. Do u have an english version, could u let me have 'em?

ndi7
29-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Hey, am new around here. But i need help too.
i own a 1992 audi 80 AG, with a v6 engine. but my manual is in German language and i don't understand how the bordcomputer works. Do u have an english version, could u let me have 'em?

ndi7
29-03-2008, 08:53 PM
My email is ndi7@yahoo.co.uk

micheal balbrig
29-03-2008, 10:12 PM
I have a Audi 80 2.0L 1992 J plate, what i need help on is the central locking will keep locking its self after i have unkocked and when it dose stay onen and i open the boot and then close it it will lock its self again :mad: i really don't know whats going on :confused: can anyone :1zhelp:me plz.

Thanx jay

Hello Jay

Seven core cable can be broken and short circuiting internally
This cable runs along edge of boot lid and gets broken from constant
up and down movement
You may need to cut outer sheath to discover break/s

also ecu can suffer from faulty soldered joints

scotty33
30-03-2008, 01:11 AM
I tried to explain how the central locking is activated in this thread which was for a coupe.
Does your avant bootlock normally lock/unlock the doors? if so as has been suggested, the hatch loom could be damaged/shorting. The same could apply to the drivers or front passenger door loom - where it passes from the doorpost into the door most likely?
Or a faulty switch on the central locking actuator at these positions - less likely?

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=31802

barryw
31-03-2008, 08:19 PM
If this is a saloon, open the boot and look on the left hand side near the brake light. You will see where the wiring loom comes out of the body work. Follow the loom to just past the boot hinge where the wiring is no longer supported. This is where most of the movement occurs. Try gently moving the loom by hand. If whilst doing this you, hear the central locking pump operating, then this is a sure sign that you have some broken wires.

barryw
31-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Am I reading this wrong, or was the original post made nearly a year ago?