PDA

View Full Version : lack of power passat

brucie3
12-09-2009, 09:16 PM
hi all this will test your brains , i have a 1998 110bhp sport tdi sallon passat which has done 150k miles ,when i bought it i was like there was no turbo power i have lifted the turbo vac plunger and it has not seized i check all the vacuum hoses all look good,the engine does not smoke at all even when i crawl her upto 80 m/hr .and sometime on small roads i can hear the little whistle of a turbo but i feels like the accelerator pedal is not connected to the engine.i can`t wait to feel what this 110 engine is like under throttle..iam sure iam not the only passat owner who had this problem

Col
12-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Get it scanned for fault codes in the first instance.

The usual suspect items though are:

MAP sensor
MAF sensor
Coolant temp sensor
EGR valve

brucie3
15-09-2009, 12:12 AM
thanks for you reply .i have tested the egr valve took it off and cleaned the choke out of the openings ,i put another piece of vacuum hose on the egr and sucked it and watched it move open so thats working .i just need to test the n75 valves and the maf map etc .will let you know the out come ..does any one know how to test the acc pedal switch ??

martin1810
15-09-2009, 08:18 AM
I think vag-com can read the accelerator switch. You could try reading the resistance from the wires as it is pressed up and down. (wires disconnected)

brucie3
07-03-2010, 11:00 PM
well everyone .i have tried the vag .com cd for 10 pounds its rubish i could not work it on my pc ..so i went to see a friend at watford vw (austin) he fix it for me it was the sensor in the airflow meter disconnected it and it went like the rocket it wasn`t before ...so i hope this helps anyone else