PDA

View Full Version : Copying itunes playlists to sd

dandy27
12-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Sorry guys if this has already been answered, but I have a problem

I have just taken delivery of a 59 Audi 2.0 tdi se exec and really excited about one function. SD.

I use a mac, and have all my music in itunes, mostly playlists.

Does anyone have a very basic solution to getting music from itunes playlists onto the sd card which the audi will recognize.

I am sure people have got this working, so i would apriciate any help.

Thanks.

`P.s the audi is awesome. Its my second company car so really nice to be able to drive such a quality car courtesy of the comapny.!:D:p

The Polisher
12-09-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm doing this right now!!! (although on a windows pc rather than a mac)

Find where your songs are saved on your pc.........

Then simply right click and "send to" or drag to the storage device.

I have done one 4gb Transcend card already, 32 CD's on there now!!!

I did used a normal MP3 converter, but it missed all the track titles off, itunes seems to do it better.

dandy27
13-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Can you confirm you got this working in your car?

I was led to belive Itunes converted the media into your library to mp4u, or something stupid like that.

the problem is not locating my files on the mac, i no where they all are. Its copying the playlists, exactly as they are shown in itunes. i dont think there is a solution for that.

i have around 60 playlists set up and wanted the sd card reflecting my playlists.

cheers for the reply anyway,

leehal
13-09-2009, 12:29 PM
I have a Macbook too and am finding the whole SD card process very unpredictable. Sometimes it works OK, now and again I only seem to be able to copy a few tracks from a certain album, folders are on the card which don't appear on the car stereo etc

I have used the trick of deleting the hidden files that are created on a Macbook, but I am using my iTunes folder to copy my music across and this is supposedly the best way to ensure success.

Looks like downloading iTunes 9.0 to my PC, sharing my library and copying from the PC may be a better option.

Does anyone who uses a PC find this a hitty missy affair?

juniperz
13-09-2009, 08:42 PM
I use WinXP and have had a lot of success with playlists and an SD card. I create the playlists using software called Playlist Creator 3 from the strangely named Odd Gravity (http://www.oddgravity.de/app-opc.php). I think I must have seen it recommended on this forum as I didn't use it before I got the car. Just drag the mp3 into the app and it creates the playlist for you.

16Keane
13-09-2009, 10:20 PM
dandy this is how I do it...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_can_you_transfer_iTunes_playlists_and_music_fi les_to_Garmin_nuvi_760

dandy27
14-09-2009, 01:13 PM
dandy this is how I do it...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_can_you_transfer_iTunes_playlists_and_music_fi les_to_Garmin_nuvi_760

thanks for the link. Can you confirm by using this method, your audi reads the files and plays correctly

16Keane
14-09-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't have an Audi (yet!), so cannot say. But it will work 100% guaranteed (you're only copying the songs - iTunes does the hard work of maintaining the playlists). :D

sunil1234
15-09-2009, 11:55 AM
thanks for the link. Can you confirm by using this method, your audi reads the files and plays correctly

why dont you try it mate?:p

bradshep
15-09-2009, 02:33 PM
I have a Macbook too and am finding the whole SD card process very unpredictable. Sometimes it works OK, now and again I only seem to be able to copy a few tracks from a certain album, folders are on the card which don't appear on the car stereo etc

I have used the trick of deleting the hidden files that are created on a Macbook, but I am using my iTunes folder to copy my music across and this is supposedly the best way to ensure success.

Looks like downloading iTunes 9.0 to my PC, sharing my library and copying from the PC may be a better option.

I also have mac book how does the hidden files trick work?

16Keane
15-09-2009, 06:19 PM
I also have mac book how does the hidden files trick work?

What are you trying to achieve? There shouldn't be any need for tricks.

To copy over a playlist called 'Party Tunes'...

- Put the SD card into your MacBook
- Open a Finder window and make sure you can see the card (left hand side)
- Create a folder on the card called 'Party Tunes'
- Open iTunes
- Click on your 'Party Tunes' playlist
- Next press CMD + A on the keyboard (that will select all of the songs in the playlist)
- Drag the highlighted songs over to your new folder on the SD card.

Wait for the copy to finish and you're good to go. You can repeat the process for any other playlists...

leehal
16-09-2009, 07:47 AM
I was having error with duplicate tracks, apparently the way a Mac stores files can cause problems with an SD card.

I use a program called Path Finder to view hidden files within specific folders and then deleted them, this stopped that problem. I am sure there are other programs that will do that (Path Finder is quite expensive if you have no other use for it).