PDA

View Full Version : Adaptations not working right.

benjie
12-09-2009, 01:03 AM
I have a 2003 B6 A4 and when I use VCDS to make various adaptions, it doesn't work. Specifically, and I can't remember the exact details as I haven't tried it in a while now, having the needles and pointers of the speedo lit all the time at ignition on. I follow the instructions here - http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audiB6.html - at 17 Instruments. And when I change my code and replace the first number in the Coding to a '3' to make pointers and needles lit all the time, it reverts to as if I have changed it to '2' - scales only lit.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Or have a solution? Also, can someone confirm for me what number I should type in at 46 - Comfort System.
I have a 2003 A4 1.9 TDI quattro saloon with:
- unlock blink
- lock blink
- beep when locked
- rear lid release locking at 10mph
- central locking at 10mph
- comfort function via remote
- RHD
- Thatcham alarm (I assume I have this)
- GB alarm? I suppose that's right too
- No Safe function (What's this?)

I understand this is a long post, but I'd really appreciate some input, especially with the dials thing!

Thanks

taurus_tem
14-09-2009, 01:09 AM
Are you editing the codes through 07- coding? Long code helper? if you are in there then go through the right bytes and you will see what each bite does, then at the bottom you will see BITS...... you can mark what you want active and press OK AND THEN DO IT! that will apply. not exactly sure how you are going about this but if you can write out a full description on your steps then maybe i can help you a little more.

Make sure you have selected the right module inside vagcom to access the right cluster.

Do you have the right cable? or even a genuine cable and software? please do not get offended as most people buy the illegal copy of vagcom and then fuss why they never work so i'm just making sure you are not wasting your time.