PDA

View Full Version : Auto closing the windows once car is locked

nwells
09-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Can i close all the open windows by locking the car?
At the moment i have to press the button when im in the car, then lock it once im out. Is there anything i can do to just close the windows by the car key fob?

Thanks

Greengoblin
09-09-2009, 08:35 AM
On my car, all you need to do is keep the lock button depressed and all the windows will close, it is the same on the open button aswell if you want to open all the windows from outside.

ali_a4_avant
09-09-2009, 08:49 AM
On my car, all you need to do is keep the lock button depressed and all the windows will close, it is the same on the open button aswell if you want to open all the windows from outside.

Ditto, although I have a B6.

adskin80
09-09-2009, 09:25 AM

+1

P Smiddy
09-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Just hold them in!

nwells
09-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Wicked. :)
Thanks troops. il try it when i get home !!

kodkod.84
09-09-2009, 11:28 AM
I always use this feature as my girlfriend always opens her door before I get a chance to close my window hence knocking the power off and I'm stuck with a half shut window.

And it looks cool- she says it looks like showing off though :p

nwells
09-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Really want to get home to try this now

toff
09-09-2009, 02:04 PM
On the Golf Mk.4 and other VW's of the same age, you just used to put the key in the lock barrel and hold it in the lock position for total closure (to close all the windows & sunroof).

I don't know if this works on Audi's too? I hope not because many Golfs (including mine) got broken into using the total closure feature!

I bought an AlienTech window controller from the USA and fitted it. This allowed me to operate my windows from the keyfob.

http://www.toffweb.com/images/at.jpg

So Imagine my frustration when I found out that the A3 featured total closure using the key fob and that the Golf could be re-programmed to do it too (i.e. no hardware necessary!) Another case of brand politics holding back useful features! Not that I'm complaining now of course ;o)

Al.

Rusk
09-09-2009, 10:59 PM
As the rest have said just hold down the lock button and the windows will close. Also holding down the unlock button will drop all the windows. This is great on a hot sunny day as you are walking to your car. Drop the windows to let the heat out before you get there :D

My lady does say it is just showing off which of course it is but does serve a purpose too.

:beerchug:

fancy a cuppa
10-09-2009, 05:54 PM
As the rest have said just hold down the lock button and the windows will close. Also holding down the unlock button will drop all the windows. This is great on a hot sunny day as you are walking to your car. Drop the windows to let the heat out before you get there :D

My lady does say it is just showing off which of course it is but does serve a purpose too.

I Agree, the window drop function is a natty gizmo. :biglaugh:

Toys are great, don't you think?!

Rusk
12-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Toys are great, don't you think?!

Yes they are ace but I am spending way to much on them :D It is like an addiction!

fancy a cuppa
14-09-2009, 12:09 AM
You only live once Rusk ................ :beerchug:

toff
14-09-2009, 01:14 AM
You only live once Rusk ................ :beerchug:

Yeah.. dare to be different... leave your kids a debt to pay instead of an inheritance! LOL!

That's my plan anyhow :D

Al.

nwells
14-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Love this feature :)

Any other little gadgets i dont know yet :)

fancy a cuppa
14-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Hmm. Im off for a looksee now. :bigeyes:
You get a rush when you find something new though eh?

Its far more exciting than having to trawl through the owners manual! :naughty:

Rusk
14-09-2009, 07:47 PM
I have a friend who has just bought a B7 A4 so each time I see him (once or twice a month) I show him something new he doesn't know about the car :D It is great fun!

fancy a cuppa
15-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Ah yes, you sound like one of 'those' smug mates who just knows stuff, you cant compete against em you know? :zx11:
I must confess, im exactly the same, its great fun winding people up.
Love it! :D
Its like ....'Ooh, what does this do? WOW how cool is that?!' & 'I bet your __________ doesn't do that now does it?!'
I do it a lot, much to the annoyance of my mates, but its the car gadgets the REALLY Bugs em. :cool:
Childish i know. :Blush2:

PMJ1
04-10-2009, 09:52 PM
This feature does not work on my A4 cab... why ? do the remotes have to be programmed to do this...?

kite
05-10-2009, 07:53 AM
This feature does not work on my A4 cab... why ? do the remotes have to be programmed to do this...?
Press and hold the lock button...

PMJ1
05-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Nope. that dont work....

kite
06-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Could need activating with VCDS.

PMJ1
06-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Ok thanks,. what is VCDS ...? and where can i get it...?

kite
07-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Vagcom, have a look in the vagcom section for a member in youe area.

rudeboyraz
09-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Anyone how you can pogram your fob to do this?? i can work the windows from the door lock but no the fob:confused:. any help much appreciated.

Stagecoach
11-07-2012, 10:15 AM

Mine used to do it, but since changing the battery it has stopped. Any ideas folks.

Kev

darich
11-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Occasionally, my one touch function stops.
Easy to re-activate within the car but while it's not working, I think you lose the auto open and auto close feature.

reactivating the one touch within the car might activate the remote function.

Stagecoach
11-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Occasionally, my one touch function stops.
Easy to re-activate within the car but while it's not working, I think you lose the auto open and auto close feature.

reactivating the one touch within the car might activate the remote function.

Cheers. Will give that a try when at the car.