PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Could someone check their passenger well please?

tigersargyle
08-09-2009, 01:56 PM
I sat in the front passenger seat of my new Avant for the first time over the weekend. Upon doing so I noticed that when I applied pressure to the floor there apeared to be some give below my feet. It felt as if below the carpet there is a sheet of metal which is not attached properly to the chassis of the car which compresses under pressure and contracts back when alleviated ?!?.

I have not really explained this well, but I want to see if this is a trait of all MY2010 A4's or just my car and thus will require a trip to the dealer to afix properly.

Could anyone out there with a similiar A4 (Avant) sit in their passenger seat - remove the mat and at a point in between the two fasteners for the mat (close to the seat) apply pressure to the floor.

Don't think its anything serious, but not quite up to the build quality I had expected! Rest of the car is great though!

Thanks in anticipation of help.

juniperz
08-09-2009, 02:19 PM
How well do you want me to check my passenger??
Sorry - I'll get my coat...
(And yes, I have an Avant, but am not in a position to check for you now).

2.7 S-line
08-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Just checked the loan 2010 avant I've been given for the day and yes there is a lot of flex - like there is a plastic cover underneath the carpet

ScottyUK
08-09-2009, 03:40 PM
I sat in the test driver cars passenger seat and our 2009 car and I didn't noticed anything.

I'll check tonight in case it's a Flinstone car with a lift out floor

Bratty
08-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Thats probably the "Bluefoot" offer from supeechips, lift out Freds floor panel take some Drug Enhancer, go into "Billy Whizz" mode and you have a dramatic increase in fuel economy but a very small increase in acceleration (up to about 11MPH).

Dunk

tigersargyle
08-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Just checked the loan 2010 avant I've been given for the day and yes there is a lot of flex - like there is a plastic cover underneath the carpet

I think that makes me feel better that I am not the only one to experience this strange anomaly.

Can anyone suggest what could be causing the flex? Presume it can be secured down by the dealer or is it just part of the joy of owning an Audi?

bez101
08-09-2009, 07:39 PM
I think that makes me feel better that I am not the only one to experience this strange anomaly.

Can anyone suggest what could be causing the flex? Presume it can be secured down by the dealer or is it just part of the joy of owning an Audi?
most audis iv been in do it

tigersargyle
09-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Was informed by the service guy who inspected my passenger footwell floor today that there is "not really" a floor beneath where I was experiencing the flex! Apparently the area under the carpet has a plastic control box (used for some of the car's electronics) and then an area of foam before the proper metal floor. It's the same on the driver's side.

It is common to most B8 A4's to have this flex. It should bed down after time though. Told not to worry about it - I'll take his word for it!

Suppose you learn something new everyday.