PDA

View Full Version : Jobs for the Mid Life Facelift

Red 2
07-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Thinking aloud, if you could suggest improvements for the mid life facelift, what would they be?

In no particular order, my initial suggestions would be:-

Sort out the RHD compromised driving position (long shot, suspect too technically difficult and £££ to change)

Fronts seats - a liitle more comfortable on long journeys please. Passat and Golf seats beat the A4s...

Change design of front splitters at the corners to avoid them being so easy to catch on turning. Speaks from costly experience

Can rear climate control be a lttle more responsive to the controls?

Front and rear LEDs, technology moves on and time for something classy and a little bit understated in a traditional Audi sense. A3 rear lights with solid 'night light' band is rather good IMPO so what can they do for the facelift.

Oil dipstick in addition to MMI info, you know it makes sense!

Ability to have RDS radio text on with system switch on.

Extra sunvisor around internal mirror....current RH and LH visors leave a gap.

Oh how I miss a clean rear window. How about something innovative to give better rearward visibility in the rain?

Will all be academic to me as our A4 is with us for a very long time but know that improvements will feed onto other models that may find their way onto the driveway and I am always intrigued how some facelifts work, others miss the points people are screaming out for.

Hippogriff
07-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Subcutaneous Advanced Key, just like you can do with pets, so that you never need to carry a key around with you at all... just one little shot in the neck, mop up the dab of blood and off you go. OK, you can keep the key if you want to give it to another driver...

Like ACC, detection of a car coming up too swiftly behind you (with some really smart heuristics to detect whether it's just a naughty tailgater or an imminent accident) and the ability to speed up if the road ahead is clear in an effort to make the impact either not happen at all or be less harsh... could be exhilarating.

Voice Control for Media.

Ability to play whatever video file format you want from USB disks, SD cards, or even iPods, on the MMI screen.

Internet connection for map updates... ability to load your own open standard format POIs to a personal database that is then navigable.

If looking for a nearest cinema, it should connect to a site that Audi has an agreement with or maintains (simple web service) and bring down the films and showing times to the MMI. Easy-peasy.

A "buildable DIS"... you should be able to configure the DIS to show what you like... if you like the temperature, current MPH, average consumption, current street name and the song / radio station being played, you should be able to configure this out of "DIS building blocks".

A "Speller" dialogue in Media, so you can find things you want to listen to / play easier.

Massage seats at a reasonable price.

Remove the shark-fin aerial if technically possible.

Ability for the car to dictate text messages (not display unless stationary) and emails (for Blackberries and such) when they arrive... "new text message has arrived from X, Y, would you like me to read it for you?"

ScottyUK
08-09-2009, 01:19 AM
Why don't they get the time off the RDS signal or the transmitter in Rugby ? :confused:

More sensible sized under seat storage.

jakerade
08-09-2009, 02:00 PM
A speedometer with 30mph marked on it and not set at such a ridiculous angle - eg 0 mph at 8 oclock rather than 6 oclock (how many TDi's do 180mph?)

Windows/door seals that don't rattle

Centre arm rest that doesnt creak

170 Tdi should have exhausts on both sides like the 2.0TFSI

From a design perspective i think the boot on both the Saloon and Avant is a little bland compared to the ubber agressive front. The new A5 sportback is also a casing example of this. Also dont understand why the rear number plate section is so inset - looks odd from a side profile (like someone took a bite out of it!)

juniperz
08-09-2009, 02:17 PM
A speedometer with 30mph marked on it and not set at such a ridiculous angle - eg 0 mph at 8 oclock rather than 6 oclock (how many TDi's do 180mph?)
Couldn't agree more - I sometimes switch DIS to digital speedo when driving in town near speed cameras, because it is so imprecise in that quadrant.

Bratty
08-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Not specifically an asthetic change, but I would like to see some transparency when it comes to ordering your vehicle. ie. an audi website that is as far as possible accurate and conscise that you can (after interacting with your local dealership-if you want too) walk into a showroom (or download your order to Audi UK direct) and that car would be contracted to be built on that software revision, NO WOOLYNESS. If a change was to be made (as in the major alterations for MY2010/Chrome Exhausts/S-Line suspension) they would have to contact you and agree (for better or worse!) a new contract. No Dramas- No hidden agendas- No dodging the issue by small print, just a normal clear CONTRACT THAT IS BINDING.

Dunk, (my dealership war has been won! but as in all wars“ there are actually no winners just losers):confused: