PDA

View Full Version : ere what's this key thingey for

Dozz
22-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Hi all Just purchased a Passat 130 tdi se yesterday. I've found a little key slot in the drivers door inside. For some reason the hand book I have makes no reference to this. It's just by the fuel/boot release
Can anybody help before i turn it and blow the world up or somethine worse like destroy the worlds oil supplys :aargh4:

foyboy
22-01-2006, 11:29 PM
If your talking about the key slot on the drivers door alongside the petrol release switch, it is linked to the central locking fob. This basically allows you do disengage the boot from the fob activation on unlocking, allowing you to secure the boot. If you want to unlock the boot then you use the key provided.

I hope this is of some use!

Foyboy.:o

Dozz
23-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Well I turned it....................................Nope didn't do anything with the boot so I'm well stumped now :1zhelp:

stuart
23-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Is this in then front door or the rear door? If it is in the rear door, it could be for the child proof lock

Stuart

Dozz
23-01-2006, 09:11 PM
It's in the front door just in front of the boot release next to the fuel cap release

Sam
24-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Turning the lock does nothing obvious to the car, it's not like an external doorlock

I forget the exact function but it's something like;

With the slot in the horizontal position and the car unlocked the boot can be opened from the outside release.
With the slot in the vertical position and the car unlocked the boot cannot be opened from the outside release - only from the internal button and keyfob switch.

I can get the exact functions from my manual should you want them

Sam
24-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Just to confirm - I did some searching and found this;

On mine the key slot is vertical for use with the remote and horizontal for manual lock/unlock

Dozz
24-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Well that's me stumped I think the plug must of fallen of the back or something dosen't seem to make any difference so it's off with the door card or bugger it leave as it is

glynnd
07-02-2006, 05:58 PM
turning the key should prevent the boot release switch from working. it does it on mine:aargh4: