PDA

View Full Version : Key Fobs and Central Locking

jamez100
20-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Anyone know anything about the key fobs and central locking system on the Golfs.

To open the doors on my 2001 Golf its 'One' press on the key fob to open the drivers door, and 'two' clicks to open all other doors and boot. And up until recently it worked fine. But after the alternator belt came off and my cars battery drained, now only the drivers door opens from the key fob, no matter how many time I press the key fob button the boot or other door will not unlock. (they lock Ok , but dont unlock)

I know all the locks work ok as I can open the other car doors and boot using the control on the drivers doors, but it would be nice to get the doors and boot working again from the key fob button.

Anyone know and fix, and experienced the same thing....?

denz
21-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Anyone know anything about the key fobs and central locking system on the Golfs.

To open the doors on my 2001 Golf its 'One' press on the key fob to open the drivers door, and 'two' clicks to open all other doors and boot. And up until recently it worked fine. But after the alternator belt came off and my cars battery drained, now only the drivers door opens from the key fob, no matter how many time I press the key fob button the boot or other door will not unlock. (they lock Ok , but dont unlock)

I know all the locks work ok as I can open the other car doors and boot using the control on the drivers doors, but it would be nice to get the doors and boot working again from the key fob button.

Anyone know and fix, and experienced the same thing....?

it may need re programming but just try locking the car with the key in the door then unlock it and press the unlock and lock buttons seperatly and see if it kicks into life if not reprogramming is prob needed vag com or bosch kts machines can do it or dreaded main dealer hope this works /helps

adam1000
19-09-2007, 01:49 PM
What is VAG Com, and how do i get/use it to resychronise the key?

Adam

madmonk
19-09-2007, 06:03 PM
What is VAG Com, and how do i get/use it to resychronise the key?

Adam have a read of this ,helped me loads :beerchug: http://reviews.ebay.com/VW-Volkswagen-keyless-entry-flip-key-remote-users-guide_W0QQugidZ10000000003961176

nel81
20-09-2007, 10:22 AM
jamez100, I had the same problem and was advised to take the battery of for at least 5 minutes.
sounds simple but it worked for me!. I got the info from this forum in a previous thread. Id give this a go first

jamez100
16-11-2007, 08:34 PM
HEY HEY. Cheers nel81. Worked a treat. Never under estimate the power of a reboot, eh.

passat 130 tdi
05-12-2007, 05:48 PM
my fob would only open the drivers side door , i took off the battery whilst trying to sort out my creaking seat problem , so as not to set the airbag light on .Low and behold on reconnecting the battery my fobber now works all the doors on the 2nd press, whey hey im over the moon. :beerchug:

fitchhollister
18-12-2007, 12:16 AM
I have a 2003 Jetta 1.8T and I was having the same problem. The drivers side door only opened. I disconnected my battery, hooked it back up and it works fine now. Thanks!

Chip Longhorn
31-12-2007, 04:31 PM
it may need re programming but just try locking the car with the key in the door then unlock it and press the unlock and lock buttons seperatly and see if it kicks into life if not reprogramming is prob needed vag com or bosch kts machines can do it or dreaded main dealer hope this works /helps
Hello,

how did you get on with your problem? i today bought new batteries from main dealer as my remote fob stopped working too. the dealer then told me its needs re-programming at £47.85.
if you found any good links how to re-programme MK4 golf key fob then this would be very much appreciateed as i have been whizzing around this site for ages and not finding what i need.

cheers