PDA

View Full Version : S4 Mirror Caps....C#*k or not

pitch3110
06-09-2009, 09:02 AM
chaps,

When I picked up the S-Line B7 new Apr '06 the dealers had another S-line with S4 mirror caps on it.

On a black car they looked great, so............I popped on a set of OEM ones on mine.

Never wanted to pretend to be anything its not they just look the biz......having said that cars did tend to get out of your way on multi lane roads when getting a move on.

Having taken them off to fleabay and popped the originals back on the car does look a tad naked.

I am sure they would suit the new Lava Grey that on its way, but don't want to appear a bigger c#*k than I already am (& prob have been the last 3 years).

So seeing an S-line coming towards you with silvery caps would you think....

a) 'they look nice'
b) 'oh dear'

I think I know the answer to this one already.............................:o

ta

onzarob
06-09-2009, 09:07 AM
having said that cars did tend to get out of your way on multi lane roads when getting a move on.

Do you think that was to do with the Wing mirror caps? or to do with the speed you were doing?

My wife wouldn't notice silver wings mirrors if they had large spotlights on...she even asked me the other day 'are those alloy wheels?' looking at wheels with hub caps on!!!

Not all people look closely at cars, its a personal thing really. I would also say that I like both. ;)

Bratty
06-09-2009, 12:02 PM
At the end off the day its your car and your personal choice, I have no issues with enhancing the presence of my cars. Huge exhausts that sound like the Devils is coming for dinner not got a problem with as long as the cons dont outway the pros (my wife actively avoids travelling in my 911 as it really is stupidly loud (pro or con not sure!)).
I think the actual problem is when you try and present your car as a replica of something that it is not ie. false badging etc. the Wannabe syndrome (or Walting as it is called in military circles ie. wearing medals you have not earned or badges that you have not done the course for!).

Dunk (you would be a **** if the stainless steel mirrors were accompanied by an S4 badge);)

Plife
06-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I tend to agree with Dunk. Don't put badges on to pretend it is something it's not, but no issue in making it stand out from every other one. On a grey car I don't think they would stand out much. Much more of a contrast on some other colours - black, blue, red.

I do actually like these covers though, but don't think I will be doing it on mine :beerchug:

ScottyUK
06-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I was speaking to my dealer about them yesterday. I had a S4 for 5 years and I'm struggling to get used to seeing a big blob of bright blue mirror all the time.

At around £380 it's not a cheap mod. Not sure if I will or not but I won't give a **** what others think about it if I do. If they think it's coz I'm pretending to be driving an S4 then that's their issue. I've spent more on my car than an S4 would cost. It's not about proving anything to anyone ;)

Bratty
06-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Wow, 380 pounds!! That is pretty expensive.:confused:

Dunk

pitch3110
06-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Thats about what the B7 ones were from memory...

I was hoping for £200ish for my old ones off feabay which will go along way towards them.

Although these are on there.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A4-B8-MIRROR-COVER-SILVER-ORIGINAL_W0QQitemZ160347017793QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item25556d52 41&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Look the real deal but unsure if they are MY2010.

Interesting to hear peoples views and I concur with all.

ta :beerchug:

ali_a4_avant
06-09-2009, 04:49 PM
b) 'oh dear' (personally)

But, these people that see you coming, think great an S4, then when you go past they see from the rear it isn't......how many times you ever gonna meet them for them to give you their oppinion?

Propably never - whatever floats your boat.

mkc
06-09-2009, 07:47 PM
I would say Oh dear. Anyone who notices the wing mirrors will also know that its not a fancy S or RS because they will then look at the grill which is also different. Most people wont notice any of the grill or wing mirrors to be honest.

All personal choice though. For the price of the wing mirrors I would get it chipped (if you have not already) and make it a bit of a sleeper car instead of the extra body parts.

pitch3110
06-09-2009, 08:10 PM
I would say Oh dear. Anyone who notices the wing mirrors will also know that its not a fancy S or RS because they will then look at the grill which is also different. Most people wont notice any of the grill or wing mirrors to be honest.

All personal choice though. For the price of the wing mirrors I would get it chipped (if you have not already) and make it a bit of a sleeper car instead of the extra body parts.

Arrrrrrh....good point......Bluefin will be a deffo add on after a few 000's.

kodkod.84
06-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Funny this subject has been bought up= me I love them, had them on the car a year now, but my mate only noticed they were silver today, he always thought they were black! :confused:

Plife
07-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Pretty expensive! For that price I won't be be getting any!