PDA

View Full Version : Roof Bars

markbarth
05-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Hi there,

have just ordered a CC as new company car, also going from Audi A4 SLine as the new list price on them is way too expensive.

Wanted to know if roof bars are available for the CC so I can get the mountain bikes on, I only thought after I had ordered:1zhelp: that because of pillarless doors there may be nowhere to fit??

Any one know???

Thanks,
Mark.

mark381
05-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Mark, I have a similar need and if you google Thule roof racks and enter vehicle make and model on one of the sites you will find the appropriate part numbers. Other manufacturers probably make them as well but as of yet in the UK there is no official rack.

Mark

xtrojt
31-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Hi there

I want the roof bars as well and after a bit of research have found the Thule ones are the best buy the looks of it. As Mark381 says, you can find the parts on the net + you can get them through halfords. A good option if you need to return anything!

There are 3 parts you need to order and it for the Aero bars Halfords are charging approx £150 for everything.... then it is bout £60 each for the bike adaptors!!!! Not a cheap purchase!

Funny thing is that I found an accessories PDF online for the states with these parts on, but I have spoken to 3 dealers in the UK and none of them can find these items available for the CC!

Anyone bought them yet?

winnie070383
01-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Just a quick one but if you did not already no genuine audi roofbars are made by thule anyway just you pay quite a lot more to have a little audi badge on the side of them. :biglaugh:

xtrojt
04-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Thanks for that. i did find that our recently and also found out that you can buy the kits from Halfords as well. Man those badges are expensive! :-)