PDA

View Full Version : Remote cdl and running temp issues

andyjohno
04-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Hi folks, I have a 2000 MY 2.0i Alhambra with a couple of issues.

1:Im having issues synchronising my key remotes, following the procedure in the hand book, the light on the top of the drivers door comes on, I then carryout the procedure for sync of the remotes. The remotes flash 5 times each but the procedure hasn't worked, I could have two faulty keys but this is unlikely, so my question is where on the Alhambra is the remote receiver, I believe they are radio keys, is the receiver situated in the roof above the osr quarter glass and uses the bars in the quarter light glass? once I find its whereabouts I can test its inputs/outputs to establish where the fault lies, otherwise the CDL works fine, any help would be much appreciated.

Secondly, Ive only had the vehicle a couple of days, whilst driving at speed the temp gauge sits slightly below halfway on the temp gauge, when I then come into town or stop start traffic the temp gauge flucuates just above the half way mark. when sat idling the temp gauge stays just above halfway and the fan cuts in and out happily not staying on for more than 20 secs or so. The coolant dont smell of exhaust gasses, the cooling system isnt pressurising and theres no creamy sludge in the top of the rocker cover, is it normal for the gauge to behave in this way on a petrol? what does the temp gauge do on other peoples Alhambra's, this could be normal but I would be happier knowing if Ive got an underlying fault.

I look forward to hearing your responses.

Regards Andy

shakka
21-04-2010, 11:31 PM
temp is normal i too am looking for the sensor i think its in the roof above the rear view mirror in my 98 model