PDA

View Full Version : Glove box area rattles

kenny boy
20-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Hi This is my first post and my 55 reg 2.0 tdi is in having a two page list of faults (hopfuly) fixed as I write this.

I had a rattle arround the glove box and the dealer had a good look but could not find the faut, in the end I had a look and found it was on the outside of the car. It was the section of plastic which fits under the wheel arch which had come adrift after going through a puddle, this rattles around and sounds like its in the car. I managed to pop it back into position which sorted the problem until you go through another puddle.

I also have the rear N/S wheel bearing noise, also on the dash (emmisions garage) keeps comming up (been resest twice) and all the other dashboard rattles that have been reported. There is two recal items to be fixed today including new software, oh also the small centre vw wheel caps have all coroded. the car has 37k on the clock, such a shame as the car itself is nice but the build quality is rubish.

MalcQV
21-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Sorry to hear about that.

I remember that advert a good few years ago. The guy and his girlfriend/wife in the car and his annoying jingle. Stops at the garage and the mechanic identifies the noise, his GF/Wife's ear ring. The car of course a Golf, they certainly did not use the same quality control on Passats :D

I like mine but it rattles and vibrates so much I just turn the [fantastic] stereo up now :o
Buzzing in the back in the door panel. If I lean too hard on the door trim it squeaks like a squeaking thing!

kenny boy
22-04-2007, 10:30 AM
have had this message on my car display for a few months now and have had resets done with no luck, have just had major service with new software to stop this. It lasted 4 miles and has come back on again.
Has anyone else having this ?????

Ken.