PDA

View Full Version : Oil change cost to dealer

SMEG
04-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi,
just had an internal invoice sent to me by a main dealer as proof of an oil change service after my service book was incorrectly stamped. The cost to the dealer was --------£36.00, yes £36.00, with the Longlife oil costing £12.00 of this.
This obviously did not include labour, but gives an idea of the mark up on the oil when we buy it from them,and the ratio of parts to labour when we pay approx £130.00 for the same service.:(

nc7503
04-09-2009, 07:53 PM
i had a passat a few years back and had to have the v belt changed so i took it to the dealer. had a nice bill for £135.00 the belt was £13 the rest labour.felt like id had my pants pulled down:zx11: vw take the p*** on most things.

EdF
03-10-2009, 02:16 PM
They do have a lot of overheads... I was once charged £200 after rain got into the electrical connector box under the passenger carpet. All they did was to change and re-seal the pollen filter and re-make 6 electrical connectors in the box, which had rusted. (Passat). Two years later the exact same thing happened and I did it all myself in an hour and it cost me £13 for the filter.
They also wanted a fortune to change out the fuel injector pump when it failed (it was a while back and I can't remember how much), but I saved a packet by getting the VW dealer to remove and replace it and I sent it to a Bosch agent by post myself (which is exactly what VW would have done) but saved their mark-up of £700. Snarl... I only use them when I have a car under warranty and need the book stamping.. Rip-off artists..:mad:

oilman
04-10-2009, 05:24 PM
You can save money by taking your own oil to the dealer :)

Cheers

Guy