PDA

View Full Version : Ecm - valid login code

funkymonkey1983
03-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Hi all!

I am a newbie as you can probably tell so please excuse any 'silly questions'! I am trying to change some of the 'fun' adaptations on my 2002 VW Bora 1.9TDI (130) using VAG COM 409.1 (Fully Licensed) such as alarm blips when locking/unlocking, anti-hijack and dash lights on permanent.

However, when I change these adaptations, for example;
Control Module 46 - Cewntral Conv.
Channel 06 - alarm beep when locking
Value 0 - off
change to...
value 1 - on
click test - shows as changed to ON
Click Save
Confirm Save - Yes

Everything looks good until I go back into the controller and it has not saved at all and reverted back to value 0 - off????

So frustrating! :zx11:I understand that I may need to login to the ECM first? Does anyone know anything about this??? And if they do where can I get the 5 digit code from (I've tried VW dealer and VW UK and scoured the internet for manuals for it to no avail)?

Please help before dispair consumes me.... :aargh4:

Thanks guys! :biglaugh:

vdubgolf
03-09-2009, 08:15 PM
As far as I know there is no need to enter a log in code. I have never had to.

I am using the most current version and Interface and have never had to enter a log in code to get into the Control Module 46.

Just out of interest, if you go to the "About" screen when you first open Vag Com/VCDS what does the registration status show.

If you have a fully licensed and registered copy of VagCom/VCDS the status should be shown on the left hand side of the screen along with the serial
number.

If this shows fully registered then it will pay to drop an email to Rosstech support for some help.

If this shows shareware/not registered and you are sure the product is fully registered again an email to Rosstech support should help.

Hope this helps!

stuart
03-09-2009, 08:18 PM
It does sound to me like this is operating in shareware mode... As far as I am aware the shareware version allows you to change certain settings, but will not save them..

If you have a GENUINE LICENCE purchased from Ross Tech, then they should be able to assist.

Stuart

funkymonkey1983
03-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks for your response. My VAG-COM 409-1 shows as Fully registered/Activated in the About section.

Would you mind giving me an idiots guide on how you altered the parameters on Control Module 46 so I know I'm not just missing something stupid.

vdubgolf
03-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Right! That's got that sorted then.

See Here! http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/vwmkIV.html

Under Central Convenience 46

Are you doing the recode 07 Step?

Everything is as written.

If this don't help, then you can email rosstech support

"Its free you are registered"

funkymonkey1983
03-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Right! That's got that sorted then.

See Here! http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/vwmkIV.html

Under Central Convenience 46

Are you doing the recode 07 Step?

Everything is as written.

If this don't help, then you can email rosstech support

"Its free you are registered"

One is humbly stepping outside to ones car right now armed with that arsenal of information! Thank you so much! I'll let you know how I get on!

funkymonkey1983
03-09-2009, 09:31 PM
One is humbly stepping outside to ones car right now armed with that arsenal of information! Thank you so much! I'll let you know how I get on!

NO go I'm afraid! :zx11: I really thought that might make all the difference lol. It doesn't seem to want to let me recode either? It'll let me type in the new code (original plus one) and click 'Do It Now' but doesn't seem to store it. I've e-mailed Ross Tech now so hopefully they'll have the answer. I hear they are exceptionally helpful??? Thanks for your help though! If you've anymore ideas just send them this way!

Dan

vdubgolf
03-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Sorry nothing worked.

As Stuart said it would appear your software, although licensed is running in shareware mode.

Rosstech are very helpful.

Don't forget they are in the states and the Time out there 4.30pm.

Let us know how you get on please, it might help others.

funkymonkey1983
04-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Well, it appears Stuart was right. My software, although purchased in good faith turns out to be nothing more than a pirate copy of the shareware. Although it shows on the About section as fully licensed and registered that is not the case. A note to anyone else out there... buy this equipment direct from Ross Tech, particurly the software to avoid the con! Lesson learned :(

stuart
04-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Oh Dear.... were did you get this from? GENUINE versions are ONLY available from Ross Tech, as far as I am aware it is against the copyright if anyone supplies you with any version of VCDS on disc or download.... You are allowed to supply compatible leads, but you must only provide a link to download the software from Ross Tech;)

Why don't you register direct with Ross Tech for $99 using the version of 409 they have on there site, you should still be able to use your lead, but will have a 100% legal version... For what it costs, even for a GENUINE Ross Tech lead, it is not worth the hassle of using an illegal copy, also, how do you know they have not done anything to the software that could damage a controller........

Stuart

bearthebruce
04-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Oh Dear.... were did you get this from? GENUINE versions are ONLY available from Ross Tech, as far as I am aware it is against the copyright if anyone supplies you with any version of VCDS on disc or download.... You are allowed to supply compatible leads, but you must only provide a link to download the software from Ross Tech;)

Stuart

Well said Stuart - you have it exactly correct. Any party distributing a copy of any version without the express written permission of Uwe Ross, creator and author of VAG-COM and VCDS (and the Ross in "Ross-Tech") is absolutely forbidden and is in violation of US and now European Community copyright laws.

Version 409.1 is available for download on our web site. You can download the shareware version for free. As Stuart said, you can unlock the shareware version and make it a full version by purchasing a software license. That license entitles you to all the privileges of any registered VCDS(VAG-COM) user including tech support and upgrade programs. Basically, you will never pay for that license a second time. If you want to upgrade to one of our dongle interfaces as a registered user, we will discount the interface by $100 (actually giving you a buck for doing it!).

funkymonkey1983
07-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Well said Stuart - you have it exactly correct. Any party distributing a copy of any version without the express written permission of Uwe Ross, creator and author of VAG-COM and VCDS (and the Ross in "Ross-Tech") is absolutely forbidden and is in violation of US and now European Community copyright laws.

Version 409.1 is available for download on our web site. You can download the shareware version for free. As Stuart said, you can unlock the shareware version and make it a full version by purchasing a software license. That license entitles you to all the privileges of any registered VCDS(VAG-COM) user including tech support and upgrade programs. Basically, you will never pay for that license a second time. If you want to upgrade to one of our dongle interfaces as a registered user, we will discount the interface by $100 (actually giving you a buck for doing it!).

Thanks Bruce! I will be doing just that! I was worried that maybe I did not need to buy the dongle interface for what I required and was kind of torn between just registering some real shareware or buying the interface. Thanks to you I will now buy the license for the 409-1 and if I find it doesn't do what I want I'll simply buy the dongle!

Thanks again,
Dan

shark_90
07-09-2009, 11:41 AM

That's a great offer and another reason why Ross-Tech are of massive value to the VAG community :beerchug: