PDA

View Full Version : What Options do you think are good and what are not so good.

Dtom
03-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Interested in peoples opinions on what options you consider were money well spent and what do you wish you hadn't bought. Also what options do you regret not buying.

Heres mine on my 2.7 TDi SE.

Options that I have and would not do without are;
Xenon headlights
Adaptive cruise control
Leather
Heated Front Seats
SatNav
AMI
Bluetooth
Side Assist
Parking Sensors
B&O

Options I have and could do without;
Lane Assist
Adaptive steering and suspension
Hill hold Assist

Options I wish I had;
Interior light pack
Electric memory seats
Electric folding mirrors
18" wheels

David

Hippogriff
03-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Only had it a day...

Little bit disappointed with the AMI - to be really great it needs no silly track number limits and a better way of navigating through large lists of Artists - the best solution would be tying it into voice control.

Interior Lights... still unconvinced but hoping once I see them in their glory it won't be a nagging doubt.

Loving having the LED DRLs and Xenons... why were my DRLs turned off by default upon delivery..? Likewise the auto-folding mirrors - they were off too.

Not bothered by leather... may even prefer all cloth to be honest.

I would have added rear heated seats if it was possible - pretty cheap.

I would have added high-beam assist I think, to try it.

MMI 3G is no question. As necessary as Bluetooth.

I wasn't interested in Lane Assist or Side Assist - my friend said "if you need those kinds of things then you shouldn't be driving" - which is a bit harsh, but I can see his point... though I do have Parking Plus and would not do without it.

I'd not mind ACC, but it was expensive.

I'm happy with the standard sound system... it's only car music.

I still don't fully 'get' Hill Hold Assist... absolutely no reason to have it in my auto..

Was very tempted by 19" wheels... but... nah!

ScottyUK
03-09-2009, 03:58 PM
I have the advantage that I had to re-order my car so I lived with my initial choices for a while. Therefore if I didn't get it right then I'm doing something really wrong. Plus I like to really check things out before I buy so I only had minor tweaks to make ;)

Options that I have and would not do without are;
Leather (full)
Bang & Olufsen
Adaptive lights
Heated front seats
Parking sensors plus f & r
Storage Pack
Rear side blinds
Lighting pack
Load area rails
Folding/dimming Mirrors (although currently in discussion with Audi as dimming won't work properly with privacy glass)
Rear Side Airbags
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
Tech Pack
Executive Pack
Reversable load liner and bumper protector
Damper control
power hatch
privacy glass

Options I have and could do without
a lot of the above but there's nothing above thar I don't want

Options I wish I had (if but chose not to due to cost)
S4
S4 seats
Carbon inlays
Sports diff
ski bag
Hill hold assist (can't have with Start Stop)
Comfort Pack
TV
Upgraded leather
Sunroof

Basically give me all the toys :D

troc
03-09-2009, 04:23 PM
I didn't order the rear stuff - heated seats, airbags - because we rarely have people in the back :)

I also decided against most of the assistance stuff, partially because I don't think it's necessary, partially because it's expensive and partially because I drive other cars fairly regularly and I'd not want to get out of the habit of my various safety checks.

Things that were "necessary" - not a lot although the comfort pack was pretty essential as the wife and I have vastly different driving positions and I am forever fiddling with the position of everything in the mini because of this. Oh and the high beam assist cos she's always forgetting to switch main beam off and thus blinding people :aargh4:

Stuff that was "kinda necessary" - B&O, the ADS kit, the Tech Pack, Sports seats (they are really comfortable), Bluetooth, rear parking sensors

Stuff that was very very nice to have - front parking sensors, heated front seats, AMI, skibag thingy, nappa leather, bendy front lights etc

markp306
03-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Well, I'd want the options that weren't available a year ago (2.0TDI SE)

- Xenons
- Exec pack (especially the one that was free!)
- Quattro/170PS (definately miss it)

I wouldn't bother with Symphony. (I use the iPod)!

juniperz
04-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Options I wish I had (but chose not to due to cost)
Hill hold assist (can't have with Start Stop)

Ah - maybe that explains it.
I specced Hill Hold Assist when I placed my order on 20th April and I unexpectedly took delivery of a 2010MY car with Stop / Start on 3rd July.
I have a button to the left by what someone called the toast rack (what is that for??) but it doesn't seem to do much. Once when I tried it, the car didn't "Stop" when I expected it to. I know, I should try reading the manual, but then again I am still chasing the dealer for the proper manual - mine makes no mention of Stop / Start!
How is it supposed to work?

Basically give me all the toys :D

Well I would agree with that - but ran out of money :(
Options I wish I had (but chose not to due to cost)

My last 2 cars had electric leather seats as standard and I would have liked this again, especially with memory like the last car - but Audi options are eye-watering.
From the other thread, perhaps I should have gone for B&O.
And maybe the clever suspension - I am not unhappy with the handling, but wonder whether the ride would have been improved (though it's not that bad - I hate to think what 30mm lowered and big wheels is like!).

ScottyUK
04-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Ah - maybe that explains it.
I specced Hill Hold Assist when I placed my order on 20th April and I unexpectedly took delivery of a 2010MY car with Stop / Start on 3rd July.
I have a button to the left by what someone called the toast rack (what is that for??) but it doesn't seem to do much. Once when I tried it, the car didn't "Stop" when I expected it to. I know, I should try reading the manual, but then again I am still chasing the dealer for the proper manual - mine makes no mention of Stop / Start!
How is it supposed to work?
You do need to read the manual or at least the Quick Guide as it's also in there. Start/Stop kills the engine if you're stationary, it's in neutral and your foot's off the clutch (ignoring things like is the car up to speed, is the battery low, does the A/C compressor need to run etc).

The engine then starts as soon as you put your foot on the clutch. It works really well. The button is to deactivate it. The clue to this is shown in the dash display ;)

juniperz
04-09-2009, 10:24 AM
You do need to read the manual or at least the Quick Guide as it's also in there. Start/Stop kills the engine if you're stationary, it's in neutral and your foot's off the clutch (ignoring things like is the car up to speed, is the battery low, does the A/C compressor need to run etc).

The engine then starts as soon as you put your foot on the clutch. It works really well. The button is to deactivate it. The clue to this is shown in the dash display ;)
Sorry, I am fine with Stop / Start - it is Hill Hold Assist that doesn't seem to work!
And as I said, my manual doesn't mention Stop / Start and the dealer hasn't yet been able to supply me with a 2010MY one. :(

PS - I now realise what you mean - that button isn't Hill Hold Assist - it is deactivate Stop / Start. Thanks.
So that means I paid for Hill Hold, and didn't get it!! Ah well - it is the cheapest option in the Audi world!

ScottyUK
04-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Check the costs. They shouldn't have charged you. If they're tight enough to only give half a tank of juice then I'd pursue them for it.

After all my years on Audi forums and owning Audi's, I can confidently say that the lack of Hill Hold Assist is probably why it isn't working. :biglaugh:

juniperz
04-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Check the costs. They shouldn't have charged you. If they're tight enough to only give half a tank of juice then I'd pursue them for it.

After all my years on Audi forums and owning Audi's, I can confidently say that the lack of Hill Hold Assist is probably why it isn't working. :biglaugh:
:D
Company car, so hard to see, though I am probably paying tax for something I don't have. Though for £45, I can't really be bothered.
I was shocked not to get a full tank of fuel - this being my first "premium" brand car, I was expecting a a full tank and a bottle of bubbly. Maybe the lease company takes all their margin?

Bratty
04-09-2009, 02:02 PM
I regret not spec-ing the front pdc along with the rears, because you get the advantage of knowing whats happening up front when you park and also the graphics on the info screen.
On the plus side I find the adaptive lights a real bonus (at night!) they make that difference after all, if you can see and avoid something that would otherwise be hidden it cannot be a bad thing.

Dunk