PDA

View Full Version : evolutionchips fuel saving remaps

sr-performance
03-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi, anyone wanting a quality remap on their pride and joy, please get in touch, we are also able to map EDC17/MED17 vehicles now at very good prices which include,

lifetime warranty on any remap

guaranteed diesel fuel improvement

7 day money back guarantee

Adman
03-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi Steve,

I have just bought a 2.0 tdi 170 A4. I am averaging around 42mpg. I don't tend to drive it hard except on the odd occasion. What sort of mpg/bhp gains could I expect and how much does it cost. I had a golf mk4 150pd previous to this which I had remapped and would get 55mpg on a regular basis, so was really impressed what the remap did.

Cheers

Adam

sr-performance
03-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Hi Adam,
An economy remap will give you 30bhp/75nm torque.
I would think you should get high 40's on your daily drive, price is £280 mate, and we come to you..:)

Adman
03-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks, sounds a good deal. I am currently on a longlife service. When I had the Golf remapped I had the oil changed every 5k. What sort of interval would I need to change the oil for the Audi?

Cheers

Adam

sr-performance
03-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Hi Adam,
I would just have an extra oil/filter change inbetween your long life service,
or you can revert to 5k miles oil changes as you dont drive it hard it's your choice, if you drove it hard a lot of the time i would def say 5k..:)

windyj
03-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Hi Adam,
I would think you should get high 40's on your daily drive, price is £280 mate, and we come to you..:)

Can you do petrol cars? If so what gains would be possible on a 2.0TFSI and how much?

Thanks

sr-performance
03-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Hi mate, 35bhp/70nm torque
You dont get a fuel saving as with a diesel but if you drive without a lead foot then you will gain slightly better economy... :)
£280 mate lifetime remap warranty/7 day money back guarantee.... :)

Codestud
04-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Hi Adam,

Hi there, I have read around that there are concerns with the Diesel Particulate Filter on the 170 TDi when remapping.

Have you developed your remap with this in mind?

I do have the 170 and would need my mind laid to rest about this before considering it.

Thanks

sr-performance
04-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Hi mate,
We have remapped many 170's now with no issues regarding DPF...:)
You only tend to get DPF probs when people try to get too much out of them.. hope that helps you mate, give us a shout if you have any more questions.. :)

c4a5er
05-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Steve,
Are you aware of the software updates the dealer has applied to the 170s that spoils the low
end torque and throttle response and makes them really flat below 1800rpm and will this particular
remap restore some of that lost torque?
Also as mine has over a years warranty left, if the dealer applies any other software updates will the
remap be lost?
Obviously I'm thinking if i should wait until the warranty has expired.

sr-performance
05-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Hi mate, every one of the 170's we've remapped has complained about poor bottom end response and yes a remap does transform this, so they pull strongly and smoothly.
Yes mate the map can be lost if an update is done, but we only charge an admin fee to put a new map in again. When the ecu is updated it changes settings so it is best to put a new remap on due to those new updates..:)