PDA

View Full Version : Question from a muppet - interior lights.

Hippogriff
03-09-2009, 12:05 PM
I ordered the Interior Light Pack... never had it in an A4 before... but how can I tell if I have it? Or a better question - how can I tell it's doing the business - whatever it does! It's not immediately obvious to me and the manual doesn't seem to want to tell me. Do I have to be out at nighttime? Are there MMI settings for it that I've not seen yet?

:o and all that, yes.

SportyB8
03-09-2009, 01:28 PM
lol! not a totally muppet-esk question!

The light pack gives you extra illumination in the foot wells there is also 'puddle illumination' which lights the path when you open the doors!

There are LED's that shine onto the centre console (just in front of the sunglasses holder) and the door handles, I think you also get the roof light in the rear

I think that's about it, I'm sure someone will let me know if I've missed anything!

Scott

sunil1234
The interior light pack gives you a light in the glovebox, vanity mirror lights (I'm not suggesting anything here !!) lights on various bits of instrumentation, front footwell lights, lights on doors (as opposed to a reflector) rear reading lights (to find your cup holder). All in all it gives the interior a big lift in the dark for minimal cost.

danda
on our 2009 s line model with light pack we have -

puddle lights
all dash and door switches plus air vents lit
vanity mirror lights
floor lights front (and rear I think)
front and rear map/reading lights

Brochure said -

Interior light pack

• Entry/exit door lights

• Make-up mirrors
• Background lighting for centre console

markp306
03-09-2009, 01:33 PM
I believe (from previous experience) you should get extra lights including the glovebox, door, footwells and above the "makeup mirrors".

For example, my SE has a red reflector in the doors instead of a light, and no glovebox light either! :mad: That should be a good comparison.

Hippogriff
03-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Thanks guys.

It really wasn't obvious to me... I'm going to have a look-see. Will report back.

Nice girl at Audi told me "Also you will have reading lights in the rear of the car, glove compartment and footwell." I replied to her, "Reading lights in the footwell, really?"

markp306
03-09-2009, 01:38 PM
OK, we all answered at once..!

lol! not a totally muppet-esk question!

There are LED's that shine onto the centre console (just in front of the sunglasses holder) and the door handles, I think you also get the roof light in the rear

Scott

Rear lighting and LED console lighting is standard - at least on the SE. Its the door/footwell/mirror stuff that seems to be part of the pack....and that afore mentioned glovebox!

kavithakrar
03-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Not a Muppet..

ScottyUK
03-09-2009, 03:29 PM
^^

<ducks and runs for cover> :1zhelp:

Eshrules
03-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Not a Muppet..

You're obviously good enough at reading to have picked up on this 'issue', so I'll presume you also read my PUBLIC warning.

Any more digs like that and you'll be banned. Period.

I am sick of seeing one member being bullied and I will not tolerate any more sly digs from you or anybody else.

Hippogriff
03-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Hmm... I was, admittedly, still a little bit uncertain, until I went out for a 30 minute spin now - I have all those lights that we spoke about. :Blush2: