PDA

View Full Version : Leather seat covers for Golf Plus SE?

hethmar
02-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Well, thanks to the scrappage scheme, which has finally persuaded my OH to part with the BMW cabriolet he has owned for 20 years, we take delivery of a brand new Golf Plus SE 1.6 next week.

It will be our first brand new car and though its exciting its also worrying.

We have two dogs, which is the main reason we went for the Plus really, and I have to say they have made a real mess of our other cars upholstery. We have managed to find a Golf Plus dog guard for them - as we have never confined them to a boot before, but we thought as the back seats can slide forward, they will have plenty of room in the boot. The VW people wanted £270 for the dog guard, we got it on ebay for £35 from someone who was selling their Golf Plus V. But realistically, those dogs are going at some point to leap onto the seats in the car. So we have thought we should look for leather seat covers or leather look - we couldnt go to the nearly £2k they wanted at the dealers.

I saw a Walser WL19620 set for £270 which seemed great in nappa leather but as I was about to buy them online I noticed the small print said not suitable for seats with an armrest - its a long time since we ordered the car, but I seem to remember a front armrest. And it also says not suitable for seats with airline type drop down tables which I definitely remember on the car.

Can anyone kindly suggest or know of a set of covers for the new Golf plus SE model please that arent ridiculously expensive and which actually fit that model.

Many thanks.

zf44
04-09-2009, 01:24 PM
I did a search on ebay and came across these for £49,99 + £7.99 for delivery by courier. There are ten available and covers are airbag compatible. With any seat cover you won't be able to use the armrest for the rear seats. Usually you don't have a cover for the front armrest.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/5/5/1/3/5/1/webimg/241803179_tp.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Faux-LEATHER-Seat-Covers-VOLKSWAGEN-GOLF-PLUS-Full-Set_W0QQitemZ270442230002QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3ef79cf0f2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

hethmar
05-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Hi many thanks, yes I had seen those - I thought the real nappa leather may look better and not be so "sweaty" :o

Im not sure that the covers would accommodate the drop down tables on the back of the front seats.

genix
13-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Hi many thanks, yes I had seen those - I thought the real nappa leather may look better and not be so "sweaty" :o

Im not sure that the covers would accommodate the drop down tables on the back of the front seats.

Hi hethmar, I am curious how you sorted it out, as I have the same problem... just bought a set of covers for normal golf, and then realized that the picnic dropdown tables cannot be used anymore... :aargh4:

Any other suggestions (apart from giving up the idea of having any covers) much appreciated, thanks...

hethmar
13-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Hi there, well I ended up buying some leather "seat cushions" from Wilko. Only £15 for two at the time :) Better than they sound actually, lovely smell of leather every time I get in the car and they are keeping dirt off the front seats which is all I wanted covers for. I have just put a picnic blanket over the back seats.

These cushion things are black leather, with elastic that goes over the head thing and sides so its just covering the seat and back of the car seat. Its fine as far as Im concerned, the purists may not agree :)

Amazingly we have kept the two dogs in the boot area with the guard and Ive put a black vet bed in there (a vet rug really) from Bronte Glen which is easily washable and is warm and dry for them if they have been out for a walk in the wet. (I am assuming you have dogs maybe you dont :))

Just googled - I have like these:

http://www.mirrorreaderoffers.co.uk/item-EE-LEATHERCARSEAT/?LinkRef=F.R

genix
13-01-2010, 07:52 PM
I do need some covers for the rear seats as well (kids...;))... but thanks for the link, they do look good indeed.

hethmar
13-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Could you not keep the ones you have for the back seat - its only the front seats that have the tray problem isnt it. And get these for the driver and front passenger seats?

genix
13-01-2010, 09:27 PM
yes, I will probably do that, thanks!

BTW, are you overall happy with the car?... (just bouhgt mine, used)

hethmar
13-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Oh I love it. First new car we have ever had (our kids are grown up and gone). Both of us have dodgey backs and originally we had gone to buy a standard Golf but after heaving ourselves in and out and then trying the Golf Plus which was near it in the showroom, we were sold on the Plus. Beautiful car and we have the SE version - Im still trying to work out what all the knobs and whistles are for :) Havent had the nerve to use the Park Assist yet, just cant bring myself to take my hands off the wheel and let it park itself.