PDA

View Full Version : My MY2010 2.0T Avant S-Line Exec - Aruba Blue

ScottyUK
02-09-2009, 12:18 PM
So after Audi forgot quattro last time, I've now got the car I ordered.

I love it !

The quattro is as expected i.e. you just go faster with no fuss and no more scrabbling for grip.

Really prefer the Aruba Blue to the Meteor Grey but then I'm colour blind so just ignore this if you don't agree ;)

B & O is better than the MY2009. The DSP seems to work so much better and the radio reception is definately improved.

3G MMI - it's a great improvement. It's so much more than just 3D buildings :D

I'm already a big fan of the power tailgate.

I am missing the S-line badge on the wing though which a bit of a concern - damage repair ???

ScottyUK
02-09-2009, 12:19 PM
A few more :D

pitch3110
02-09-2009, 12:50 PM
I have never been a blue car fan, but that aruba looks the muts scotty.

Glab to hear all is fine (badge apart) and would be good to see some more MMI screen shots to wet my appetite for next month.

Enjoy

MFGF
02-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Great car Scotty - Looks stunning!

3G Nav Plus too? Here's hoping you don't have radio retuning/TMC/TP issues a couple of us have been struggling with for the past few months!

As for the badge - I think it's par for the course. Mine was missing a badge on the boot when it was delivered, but the supplying dealer got it sorted in a few days.

Enjoy the car!

MF.

Sportwag
02-09-2009, 01:14 PM
I am not a huge fan of Aruba blue but your car looks really well Scotty (the 19's and 2.0T exhausts really finish it) - did the last car (the -q) have grey Milano too?

tigersargyle
02-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Looks great Scotty

Good colour choice.

At least it is a very quick fix to sort out your S-Line badges. Strange though to see them missing.

Very jealous of your large glovebox! Not really sure why not having 3G MMI should make any difference as to whether you get the net or tray AMI connection!

shark_90
02-09-2009, 01:20 PM
About time! Looks nice mate.

ScottyUK
02-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Cheers guys. Aruba's definatley a colour that's better in the flesh than photos. Today was very cloundy and I took those just before it rained. In the sun it's totally different again.

But colours are very personal so thanks for the nice words and no problem at all if you don't like it coz we do and ultimately that's all that matters :beerchug:

Tigers - It's just one badge. I've just let them know so we'll see how it goes. I'll also double check that corner of the car when I get home just in case it's due to damage repair but more than likely it's simply just a missing badge.

I am not a huge fan of Aruba blue but your car looks really well Scotty (the 19's and 2.0T exhausts really finish it) - did the last car (the -q) have grey Milano too?

It's black leather but it always looks grey with my camera. The last one did also! I think it see's black and hence increases the brightness/contrast etc.

I think £330 for full leather (on top of the S-line Exec cost) is a bargain for a wipe clean baby friendly surface :D

Plife
02-09-2009, 01:37 PM
I am another fan of the colour and if I was ordering again that is probably what I would go for.

We need bigger pics though! Don't know if it's me but I really struggle to see them!

Got all your VAG COM tweaks done?

Enjoy it :beerchug:

kodkod.84
02-09-2009, 01:37 PM
WOW- I know you've only had it 5 seconds but when you likely to be selling? LOL

I admit Aruba blue looks great- I think I saw it on MKCs photos first and was very impressed, still yet to see one in real life though :) Glad you like the power tailgate too.

One fully loaded Avant- I'm a smidge jealous hehe :biglaugh:

mkc
02-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Welcome to Aruba Blue Love it or hate it! It looks different depending on the light.

You have my preferred car, Avant and those wheels!

Looks great.

How much of the saloon car is found in the Avant? I had my boot liner out at the weekend to vacum and found a blanking plate where the speaker should go in the Avant...... unscrewed it and found wire hell

ScottyUK
02-09-2009, 02:16 PM
We need bigger pics though! Don't know if it's me but I really struggle to see them!

Got all your VAG COM tweaks done?

Done :
DVD VIM
needle sweep
honk on locking
DRL wink off
DRL rears on
Seat belt chime off
Lap timer on (well why not!!) (incidently in this screen (byte 1) it's not got MMI 3G installed???
Mirror dip when reversing - doesn't work so need to double check.
Hidden menu on

To do :

Emergency Braking warning / flashing
Sort of reverse mirror drop

I think that's about it for now .... although I'd like to find if I can adjsut the sensitivity of the auto dimming mirrors as with the rear tint the sides don't dim so easily.

What have I missed ? :confused:

Jop
02-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Looks gr8 m8. :beerchug:

Im super jealous of your chrome tips.
Same spec I think except the power tailgate. I does sound good.
Get your stopwatch out... how long to open and how long to close?
Can you pop it from the drivers seat? You cant on the regular tailgate :(

Can you PM me the details of the detailer. I assume its someone local.

:Try turning the mirror selector knob to the nearside mirror.
And... can you do some VAG bits for me pleeeaaaasssse....

ScottyUK
02-09-2009, 02:27 PM
I had the mirror dip working before and it took a couple of attempts. I think it's becuase it's a different code for the folding mirrors .... or I forgot to turn the switch ! :D

About 4.5secs to close - I have a small video which I timed but not one of it opening. I'll time it for you.

There's a button just below the window buttons for the rear release....or use the fob or press the rear handle.

p.s. http://www.cambridgeautogleam.com/ ;)

p.p.s. Vag-Com anytime. My salesman wants me to do some bits on his car too :biglaugh:

[edit]

Can you pop it from the drivers seat? You cant on the regular tailgate

You can unlock though so anyone can open it if they need to. Same as with the fob etc. It won't go up but it doesn't anyway unless you get the powered version .... or am I missing something?

Jop
02-09-2009, 02:42 PM
You can unlock though so anyone can open it if they need to. Same as with the fob etc. It won't go up but it doesn't anyway unless you get the powered version .... or am I missing something?

You know.. just pop it slightly so that the unlocking mechanism pushes the boot up about a a centimeter (like when you release it by hand, that very first movement)

Why..?
Well when you pick people up and they are walking to your car with stuff, poping the boot acts a gentle visual aid to say "i see your bring some stuff to my car, put that $hit in the boot will ya."

See you on the roads. I'll keep an eye out for a mega Aruba blue 59 Avant.

ScottyUK
02-09-2009, 02:49 PM
BE CAREFUL!!! It'll probably be the Mrs driving and she'll race you ! :D

p.s. Seriously though - let me know when you can't to be plugged up ;)

21stCentury
02-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Glad to hear you finally got what you wanted. I have to say the salesman at my dealers looked slightly bemused when I got down and looked under the back of mine to make sure it had a rear diff!

Plife
02-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Done :
DVD VIM
needle sweep
honk on locking
DRL wink off
DRL rears on
Seat belt chime off
Lap timer on (well why not!!) (incidently in this screen (byte 1) it's not got MMI 3G installed???
Hidden menu on

To do :

Emergency Braking warning / flashing
Sort of reverse mirror drop

I think that's about it for now .... although I'd like to find if I can adjsut the sensitivity of the auto dimming mirrors as with the rear tint the sides don't dim so easily.

What have I missed ? :confused:
Think that is about it :beerchug:

ScottyUK
02-09-2009, 08:40 PM
When I checked the car tonight to ensure the wing hadn't been replaced resulting in a missing badge (it hasn't it's factory fresh :D), I also sorted the reversing mirror. So just the brake light thing to do .... and I didn't get that ever working on the last car!

kenny_boon
02-09-2009, 10:18 PM
car looks brilliant mate :D well impressed and love the colour and wheels combination! enjoy :)

ScottyUK
08-09-2009, 04:35 PM
I had it "detailed" yesterday. Here's a before pic of the roof and a few of afterwards :biglaugh:

Shame I can't show larger pics unless I upload them at home.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6847&d=1252423916
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6848&d=1252423924
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6849&d=1252423933
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6850&d=1252423940
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6851&d=1252423946

tigersargyle
08-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Looking good Scotty - I like the reflections.

Any idea what products were used and how many coats they applied? What do you plan to use for regular upkeep?

Recommend the Connisseur 50/50 wax - really easy to apply and great beading qualities.

ScottyUK
08-09-2009, 05:47 PM
I asked all those questions of the guy who did it this morning via email as I was at work when he did it.

I'll let you know. ;)

Plife
08-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Any machine work needed to get rid of paint defects?

Jop
08-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Q: How much?
Q: How long?

Straight and to the point.
Ta

ScottyUK
08-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Any machine work needed to get rid of paint defects?

A lot of work with the clay bar which I expected due to the trains and transporters they put them on but that was all. First thing done was check the paint thickness especially on the wing with the missing badge. It was all of a uniform thickness so we know there was no damage and respraying down.

Q: How much?
Q: How long?

Straight and to the point.
Ta

£300

About 6 hours. If the interior isn't as prestine as ours (only about 200 miles done!) then it would be more. Estimate was 8 hours.

So it's a similar price to a dealers but where would you prefer to spend that money? At a place that sells cars or with a company where it's their primary business?

kenny_boon
08-09-2009, 07:10 PM
looks like a great finish you got. who was it that did the detailing work?

ScottyUK
08-09-2009, 09:52 PM
www.cambridgeautogleam.com (http://www.cambridgeautogleam.com) ;)

pitch3110
08-09-2009, 10:07 PM
That looks great Scotty.

Machine..........I would think so looking at that.

I spent a few mins with my Megs G220 on Saturday. Using a mild 83 compound and pad, polish and polishing pad, NXT and finishing pad.

When I wheeled the car back into the sun the paintwork was swirl free and like glass.

DA machines are easy to use and the results are amazing.....highly recommended chaps.....invest.

That blue just gets better matey

kenny_boon
08-09-2009, 10:31 PM
www.cambridgeautogleam.com (http://www.cambridgeautogleam.com) ;)

ha shame i dont think they would travel to sunny scotland, the finish looks great :beerchug: