PDA

View Full Version : Rear speaker and sub problems

u60js2
19-04-2007, 01:35 PM
I have a 2000, X reg 1.8 A3 which does not have the Bose sound system installed. The original Concert stereo had the dredded volume problem so when i got the car I replaced it with a unit that was working.

The guy that had the car before disconnected the rear speakers and sub inorder to use the fadder as volume control.

I now need to reconnect these but cant access the rear speakers or the connector for the sub. Does anyone know how I can do this.

They are connected at the rear of the stereo so they disconnections must have been at the speakers themselves.

Thanks in advance.

Froggy
25-04-2007, 05:32 PM
The rear speakers and sub are all connected to the top pre-out connector on the Concert, if that's connected correctly, the only other place they could easily be disconnected would be at the rear speaker/sub connection - r/h side of the boot behind a panel.

u60js2
25-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks for that but would the connector not be at the left hand side next to the sub itself.

u60js2
26-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Righty, I have had a look at the connector next to the sub but it looks like all the wiring is ok. Im pretty sure it is ok at the rear of the head unit too. Do you know what wires go where at the rear of the head unit as this is the only other place that i can this is easy to access.

Thanks in advance

Froggy
27-04-2007, 03:38 PM
On the radio rear connector there are 4 distinct sections. As you look at the back of the unit it's the top section with the multi-pin connector you're interested in, See the attachment.

C chamber has the rear pre-outs. Pins 1,2,3,4 & 5

u60js2
27-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks for that froggy, I just had a look now. But all seems ok there - great diargam by the way its a good one to have.

And all is ok at the connector block beside the sub - I cant imagine that he would have went to the bother of getting into the rear speakers but who knows.

Im stumped!

Any Sugesstions?

Cheers

Froggy
27-04-2007, 04:38 PM
I wonder if he disabled the amps rather than disconnecting anything, it would actually be the easiest way of disabling all the rear speakers.

Check he hasn't pulled a fuse from somewhere or disconnected the amp switch on wire somewhere. Other than that - I'm as stumped as you are.

bora(ing) nick
27-04-2007, 04:48 PM
I wonder if he disabled the amps rather than disconnecting anything, it would actually be the easiest way of disabling all the rear speakers.

Check he hasn't pulled a fuse from somewhere or disconnected the amp switch on wire somewhere. Other than that - I'm as stumped as you are.

1 way to check this would be to see if the amp gets warm......

Good luck

Nick

u60js2
27-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Hi guys - Thanks for your help.

It does not look like there are any fuses been removed or any loose wires from anywhere.

Where is the amp located. I though that it just had a pre amp in the head unit itself since I dont have the Bose system.