PDA

View Full Version : my golf mk5

thewall
30-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Here's some pics of my golf mk5 tdi which i brought in Oct 08,i know this might sound like womens talk but the colour was a major factor it had to be dark,my last golf was silver the worst colour possible to get a brill shine.I'm happy with this result on a limited budget (my whole months pocket money).

1. Jet wash

2. wash with Autoglym BC and rinse

3. wash and rinse again

4. clayed with meguires

5. wash and rinse again

6. waxed with Autoglym Hd rubbing wax into my hands then onto the car so the wax is at body temp (told to do this by two valeters)

7. buffed off with a microfilter cloth then a soft cotton cloth

8.wheels cleaned with Autoglym wheel cleaner

9.glass cleaned with autoglym glass cleaner.

After many washes the paint still feels like glass,somtimes after a wash i use meguires quick wax which is in liquid form,this is better than Autoglym High gloss protection.

Zeb
31-08-2009, 04:00 PM
I must say, the car looks like it came out from the showroom.

Fantastic job!!! :)

Any suggestions on how and what product I can use on my silver Audi?
Tried Autoglym polish, but after a day or 2 the dust covers up the paintwork. :mad:

thewall
31-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Hi Zeb thanks for the comments,i have been thinking about using Collinite wax you have to use a wax for protection and lasting shine,if you look on youtube for Collinite you'll see some great results,or you could always trade in the silver Audi for a darker colour as i did,thanks again Zeb

onzarob
31-08-2009, 07:57 PM
i have been thinking about using Collinite

don't think about it, Buy some its the best 'Collinite 476' lasts for months can even lastup to a year!!! Makes my Black Golf look perfect.

PS Your car is looking good;)

elitedetailer
03-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Hi

That looks great, well done. :beerchug:

I must say, the car looks like it came out from the showroom.

Fantastic job!!! :)

Any suggestions on how and what product I can use on my silver Audi?
Tried Autoglym polish, but after a day or 2 the dust covers up the paintwork. :mad:

Try Zaino, it is extremely durable, an almost unbeatable shine and easy to use. Although some of the range is currently out of stock until next week. www.elitedetailer.com

If you would like advice, please ask.

Regards
EliteDetailer :beerchug:

thewall
03-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the comment Elite Detailer alot of hard work went into that i'm honoured that you approve.

Stacey85
08-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Here's some pics of my golf mk5 tdi which i brought in Oct 08,i know this might sound like womens talk but the colour was a major factor it had to be dark,my last golf was silver the worst colour possible to get a brill shine.I'm happy with this result on a limited budget (my whole months pocket money).

1. Jet wash

2. wash with Autoglym BC and rinse

3. wash and rinse again

4. clayed with meguires

5. wash and rinse again

6. waxed with Autoglym Hd rubbing wax into my hands then onto the car so the wax is at body temp (told to do this by two valeters)

7. buffed off with a microfilter cloth then a soft cotton cloth

8.wheels cleaned with Autoglym wheel cleaner

9.glass cleaned with autoglym glass cleaner.

After many washes the paint still feels like glass,somtimes after a wash i use meguires quick wax which is in liquid form,this is better than Autoglym High gloss protection.

Looks mint x