PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone v Pirelli

k6rff
29-08-2009, 09:14 AM
My '58 plate 1.8T S line was delivered with Bridgestone REO50A's. They always felt a bit unhappy. They were skittish at low speeds and would emerge from potholes pulling in random directions. I'd got to the point of being convinced I had a steering/suspension problem. Their good side though was that at 110-140 they were confident with that really attached feel to the road. Unfortunately I don't get to do all my motoring at that speed.
I took advice from a source within the tyre business who said that the Pirelli P Zero Rosso was also an original fitment but would be better all round. He felt that the increased slick area on the REO50A was the problem.
After ringing around I found 4 at Invicta tyres Canterbury for 580. Carefully fitted. And the car? It is vastly improved. Feels just like my old B6 (best A4 ever) BUT the 120 -140 is not quite as sure ar the Bridgestone. You pays yer money...........

robtt09
29-08-2009, 08:10 PM
That is interesting.I have Pirelli Cints P7 on my 3.00tdi and they are the worst tyres I have had for years.Will get Vredstein on when they are worn down .Vreds give really good traction and are bril in the wet