PDA

View Full Version : Navigation/MMI Update

eamonnkav
26-08-2009, 01:27 PM
:1zhelp:
I've just bought my first Audi, a 2006 A6 2.0 tdi with a 2005 version of the navigation software on CD.
I'm wondering:- 1.what updates are available for MMI or navigation, 2.how to update it, 3.how much, 4.will it make much difference.

daklow
01-09-2009, 09:49 PM
3D mapping is available via Bios update?
I did mine a year or so ago..

taximeistergolf
04-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Simply purchase a 2008 (I think this is the most up to date one) dvd on Ebay. I did and it works perfectly. The player is in the boot, and all you need do is eject current disc and insert new one, and follow the on screen instructions when prompted. Hope this helps

rharris
05-09-2009, 10:52 AM
sat nav update will only enable 3d mapping if your mmi firmware level is late enough; my late 05 a6 required a mmi firmware update to get the 3d mapping. The sat nav firmware update on the 08 dvd does not upgrade that element of the mmi.

eamonnkav
06-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Simply purchase a 2008 (I think this is the most up to date one) dvd on Ebay. I did and it works perfectly. The player is in the boot, and all you need do is eject current disc and insert new one, and follow the on screen instructions when prompted. Hope this helps
My system runs from a cd player in the glove box, not a dvd in the boot.
I wonder if the firmware update and the latest sat nav version will be available on cd.

a8 tech
06-09-2009, 08:03 PM
mmi updates only the sw versions on the most network.MMI high 2G nav can only be updated via sat nav cd rom and not zug updates from the cd multi changer or the nav cd for mmi basic plus.

ALL mmi 2g high systems can be updated for tmc and 3d view but there are prerequisites for the correct zug level versions and additional cd rom updates are required depending on the current configuration.

So if address 07 sw version is SW770 or lower you need CD 4E0 906 961 H before installing 4L0 998 961.I would always advise the dealer to carry out sw updates as bt prep can crash as well as server updates which you cant carry out to update the data base for your vehicle for future workshop actions.

Always record the adaptation channels in address 07 to re input and check the sw version of the bt unit as this control unit crashes depending on the sw/hw version