PDA

View Full Version : Service items

avant_adam
24-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Car is in for a service later today. Is there anything I should be requesting the dealer do beyond the standard service stuff?

Eg
- Needle sweep?
- Recalls
- Software updates

I know on previous cars there tended to be things that were there as updates but they only got done by a dealer on customer request.

Cheers

Adam

A1287210
24-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Just hope they don't try and put some new tyres on at £234 a pop:(

avant_adam
25-08-2009, 12:29 PM
:aargh4: Now you've got me worried. It is getting near to needing tyres - I haven't authorised them to fit tyres and would refuse to pay if they do.

Let see what they do.

A1287210
25-08-2009, 04:59 PM
:aargh4: Now you've got me worried. It is getting near to needing tyres - I haven't authorised them to fit tyres and would refuse to pay if they do.

Let see what they do.

Good luck I went to Thick fit and got a full set of Pirelli P zeros for £630.00 inc fitting.

Damo

lozzermo
25-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Will they update the navigation disc and MMI software etc? I like the idea of the needle sweep but will they want to charge for the update etc?

Plife
26-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Will they update the navigation disc and MMI software etc? I like the idea of the needle sweep but will they want to charge for the update etc?
I doubt you would be able to get a dealer to activate the needle sweep. You just need a find a friendly VAG COM user near you!

avant_adam
26-08-2009, 11:20 AM
OK - quick dealer report:

Dealer : Teeside Audi

Work carried out as expected at the expected cost (£270 for 19000 mile service)
Steering wheel alignment out and needs special equipment to straighten - our from new. Has dynamic steering so apparently unusual?
Possible gearbox oil leak @19,000 miles - in for further investigation
Key not releasing 100% - apparently there is a service update for this.

I didn't ask them to do anything special with the car (needle sweep etc).

Overall I was pretty happy with the garage and the service. Just alarmed by the oil leak - hope it doesn't end up being serious. At least its warrantied. So far my Audi experience is proving to be good. The A3 TDi bum basic loaner I had felt pretty low rent - my only gripe.

A

Plife
26-08-2009, 11:32 AM
I assume that was the first service? If so not a bad price I think!

Niko
27-08-2009, 12:54 PM
First oil service occurred at 12K miles and dealer reset to 9K intervals. In on Saturday at 19,230 miles for first service. I have asked them to include an oil change as it is due in 2k miles (cant be bothered to go back again in 3 weeks!) Cost, quoted around £250 all up. If you do challenge them they will reduce the cost, or at least they did at the oil service (£135 quote up to £185 on the day and then back down again when I challenged)

I am going to enquire if I can have the oil at 10k and service at every 20k thus combining the 2