PDA

View Full Version : Can adaptive xenons be retrofitted?

Genn
23-08-2009, 08:07 PM
I've got the standard xenons on my s-line, but living in the sticks means the adaptive lights would come in pretty handy on the country roads. Does anyone know if they can be retrofitted? I don't have a clue about this sort of stuff, but is it simply a case of rewiring the existing xenons, or would a new set of headlights with the adaptive function have to be installed? Thanks in advance!

Issac Hunt
24-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Possible but expensive, you'll need new headlights (+ a control unit for the adaptive feature) for starters. You cant re-wire your original ones as they wont have the motors in them to turn the lights.

Genn
24-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Ah, I figured that would be the case...I hoped it wouldn't be though. Just checked kufatec's site and they're 999 euros on there, so no doubt the dealership will be more expensive. Anyway, cheers for the info!

Bratty
25-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi Genn, as I posted before I have a set of UK (my car is LHD) adaptive lights that you can have for a VERY resonable price, you will have to swap the xenon bulbs and control unit over plus buy the adaptive control units (as they have been transferred to my LHD lights).

Dunk (Arthur Daley!)