PDA

View Full Version : Top speed PD 130hp

linuxmad
18-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Good morning to you all,
I am having a strange problem with my car. The vehicle is a PD 130hp and a few weeks ago i noticed it was loosing power. I went to a VW/Audi dealer and they diagnosed damaged injectors (the car has 100.000km). Not happy with the diagnose I went to a different mechanic that changed my MAF, replacing it with an OEM new one. The car became completely different afterwards (good torque and I can hear the turbo). Still he told me that I could try to add an additive to the fuel in order to better clean the injectors, which I did. I bought a FAHER treatment and mixed it with a full bp ultimate tank. Since then I hadn't notice anything strange with the car, It behaves normally, however yesterday on the highway ( and still with the tank containing the injector treatment) I had much difficulty to to beyond 180khm, it seemed "stuck". Could this be related with the additive? .. or something else? Clogged EGR?? .. I also heard that sometimes the problem with the injectors is not the injectors themselves but the connectors/wires that take power to them that get corroded... Could that be the answer?
Please try to help ... as I am getting a bit disappointed with the car....
thanks

linuxmad
18-04-2007, 12:42 PM
anyone .. please:1zhelp:

Gavin78
18-04-2007, 12:57 PM
180KMH!!!!! I presume this in on the Autobahn??!!;)

This sounds quite strange - are you experiencing any acceleration problems or lack of power at any other speeds? I can only suggest that you check for ecu codes with VAGCOM.

I cant imagine your Passat will exeed 210kmh so would it be reasonable to expect accaleration to slow towards 180/190kmh anyway??

Sam
18-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Sorry, I can't help but I am getting into Ubuntu :)

linuxmad
18-04-2007, 01:04 PM
This sounds quite strange - are you experiencing any acceleration problems or lack of power at any other speeds? I can only suggest that you check for ecu codes with VAGCOM.
No problems with acceleration at any other speeds.. no fault codes

Sorry, I can't help but I am getting into Ubuntu :)
It is the best thing you can do.. I left windows almost six years ago... no regrets:D
Linux RULES...

bora(ing) nick
18-04-2007, 01:14 PM
180kmh is 112.5mph.. pd 130

It's not smart, or clever, but i've had 125mph (200kmh) out of my PD 100 Bora.

A 130 PD should beat mine.....

linuxmad
18-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Does anyone know how to use VAG-com in order to see the pressure/fuel in the injectors?:confused:

devonutopia
18-04-2007, 06:22 PM
140mph on German autobahn on my way to Czech Republic (honest, officer ;))

And that was with 500+ rpm left to go. I'm hoping to be able to get a true GPS 155mph once I'm tuned up again. I don't really like going that quick often - I do tuning for how fast it reaches 100, not it's top speed.

Col
18-04-2007, 07:37 PM
My view on this is that you may have a sticky turbo that maybe having difficulty reaching the maximum boost position on the vnt mechanism. This probably wouldn't be that noticable through the gears but at the top end would be.

I've nothing to support this, it's just a hunch.

You can log various outputs through vagcom and injected quantity is certainly one of them. I'm not however sure if you can log the actual vs requested as you can with air flow though. It would certainly be worth having a good session logging various outputs to see if anything stands out.

linuxmad
19-04-2007, 09:47 AM
There are no faults on the ECU.. so I guess the turbo geometry sticking is out of the question...
However, yesterday I noticed that my EGR is throwing an oily thing from those two small holes .. could this mean that it is clogged. Could this be responsible for lack of power at high speeds?
About the fuel filter .. If the car behaves normally at normal speeds, when cold and when hot, how do I know if it is clogged? Do I have to pull it out?
Thanks