PDA

View Full Version : Rear Brake lights coming on during the night!

milesyboy76
18-04-2007, 07:38 AM
Please help!! On the last 3 nights I've woken in the morning to go out to my A4 Cabriolet to find the rear brake lights on!! Bizarre!! When I drive to work and leave the car outside (9am) and return at 6pm the lights HAV'NT come on!! Only seems to be during the night that they come on!! I am going crazy?? Please Help!!! Milesy

Sam
18-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Check your brake switch which I believe is a plunger switch at the top of the pedal arm.

They're notorious for sticking/failing

bora(ing) nick
18-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Please help!! On the last 3 nights I've woken in the morning to go out to my A4 Cabriolet to find the rear brake lights on!! Bizarre!! When I drive to work and leave the car outside (9am) and return at 6pm the lights HAV'NT come on!! Only seems to be during the night that they come on!! I am going crazy?? Please Help!!! Milesy

It's possessed..... (#fx on) evel laugh (#fx off)

or it's the switch as mentioned above :biglaugh:

Nick

madfella65
19-04-2007, 12:06 AM
Are the lights on an 'AUTO' position??? i.e. Set to come on automatically at night? Or have you got 'Coming Home lights' lights that stay on for a few mins to get you to the door???? If so it could be either of these that are troublesome! I reckon only way to fix this is comp....!?