PDA

View Full Version : best coilovers for a mk3 golf?

Andrew900
22-08-2009, 01:05 PM
hi guys, just after some advice.

Whats the best brand of coilovers? im on a budget so i thought jamex would be acceptable, but i have no knowledge of them performance and quality wise, i was just woundering if anyone else on here has jamex coilys on their car and if so how do they perform?

Thanks in advance guys.

con1981
05-09-2009, 10:07 PM
jamex seem to get a good review on other sites, however AP and weitec seem to be the best mid range

Andrew900
06-09-2009, 03:41 AM
cheers mate, ill look into it.

Indie
09-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Unless you are particularly set on coilovers because you need to adjust the ride height (fairly) easily I'd look at the Eibach range of uprated / lowered springs/shocks - to get a lowered stance using coilovers gererally means a very 'crashy' ride, especially if you've got low profile tyres on.

con1981
09-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Indie I'vejust purchased a set of eibach pro springs and the drop is v subtle. Car does feel a lot tighter than before though ride isn't harsh either. Would defo recommend unless your looking for the bumper touching the floor look.

kenyan_alex
09-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Just out of curiosity, do you know if these would be suitable for a Mk 1 (P reg) A3? I have reservations about coilovers because a m8 of mine fitted some to his car (Volvo) and the ride is hard as you like!!!

I just want to lower mine a bit, make it a bit nicer round corners but not loose too much of the comfort in the process....? :confused: