PDA

View Full Version : Collect mine on Monday

leehal
22-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Hi all,

I am new to the Audi scene having previously owned a couple of Saab's, couple of VW's (the last being a Touran which was kind of enforced as I had a bad back), have since had a spinal fusion and fingers crossed things are fixed now. I am still a little concerned as the A4 seems very low, but I am sure things will be fine.

I have gone for an ex-demo A4 S-Line 2.0TDI 143 with Multitronic in Monza Silver, registered last December but only has 4,000 on the clock. 1st time I have bought a 2nd hand car since I was 18 (company cars most of my career).

Looking forward to getting the car, but my only reservation is how low the car is, but I am sure it will be fine once I get used to it.

pitch3110
22-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Lucky you matey...

I have the same on order for delivery in October.

Be good to see some pic's and further feedback on the Multitronic.

Have fun

ta

ScottyUK
22-08-2009, 02:37 PM
I am still a little concerned as the A4 seems very low, but I am sure things will be fine.

Don't worry. I've had a lowered TT, an S4 and now a B8 S-line and none have had any issues with clearance....although I do go slowly on and off ferry ramps :D

leehal
22-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Sorry for the confusion, concerned about the lowness of the car due to my spinal fusion, seems a long way down when I get in.

leehal
25-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Picked the car up, looked stunning, then it rained so didn't get a chance to take any piccies yet.

I have had to change the way I get into the car as I kept on skinning my left calf as I got in, think it was the angle of the tilt on the seat making the levers stick out more.

Car is very nippy, very comfy and certainly a head turner.

Having felt this good behind the wheel since my Saab convertible.

pitch3110
25-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Picked the car up, looked stunning, then it rained so didn't get a chance to take any piccies yet.

I have had to change the way I get into the car as I kept on skinning my left calf as I got in, think it was the angle of the tilt on the seat making the levers stick out more.

Car is very nippy, very comfy and certainly a head turner.

Having felt this good behind the wheel since my Saab convertible.

Good to hear and look forward to pic's

Enjoy

mkc
25-08-2009, 02:05 PM
The car is pretty low and its the only non sports car that I have had to step into. Youve gone for the S Line which will either be 20 or 30mm lower than the SE but you will find that the seat rises up a fairbit so perhaps youll have to put that to a decent height if climbing is uncomfortable. S Line get electric lumbar support so that might help aswell. The seat also tilts (only found this out last week after 1 year) so Im sure you will get comfy once you are in there.

The actual car is low and Ive scraped the front spolier bit a number of times coming out of junctions. All underneath tho so you cant see it but that doesnt stop me from being angry and trying to get it out with scratch X.

Well need those pics when you collect! :D