PDA

View Full Version : Some General Audi A6 (C6) Questions

jUsT2eXy
21-08-2009, 12:43 AM
Hey guys. Had my car ( (Audi A6 2006 2.0TDi Sline Saloon)....)serviced by Audi..they did a full Audi variable service for 60000 miles....

It says on the service invoice "Audi variable service" ... and the oil used is "longlife" ..

This leads me onto my main question.. which oil do I need to buy for the car as obviously the car will consume the oil before the next service...what do Audi recommend for the A6?

They also said Antifreeze strength was low...can I use any anti freeze to top it up?

My next question... is it possible to enable 3D parking sensor graphics with the latest MMI 5570 version?

How much would a spare key cost roughly inclusive of labour costs / recoding?

Also is there anywhere I can purchase mirrors that have indicators in them for the Audi A6?

Thanks guys. Look forward to reading your replies.

jUsT2eXy
24-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Bump. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

paul b
24-08-2009, 11:27 PM
For variable service intervals which I completely despise you'll need Longlife III oil available from the dealer. Not sure of the cost, as I don't use it.

I have an older A6 than you so cannot answer your other questions.

jUsT2eXy
24-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Hi thanks for the quick reply.
I will phone the dealer tomorrow and ask how much it costs.

Also, why do you despise variable servicing?

Thanks

paul b
24-08-2009, 11:39 PM
I can't see how leaving the oil in a car for more than 20k miles is of absolutely any benefit. In the long-term, I really don't think variable servicing will cost people money. Not when the engine need to be rebuilt anyway.

I've always changed the oil in my cars every 10k.

JimC64
25-08-2009, 01:20 AM
G12 for the coolant bud....around £9 a bottle I think from the dealer