PDA

View Full Version : gt2 dies then cuts out

jasp123
20-08-2009, 11:57 PM
hi everyone got a small problem with my gt2, when driving it occasionally splutters , dies and cuts out like it is being starved of fuel, if i leave it for about 5 minuets it will start back up fine, i thought it might be c**p in the tank so i took it off and flushed it out but it is still doing it :zx11: . It also seems to only happen when it is running at normal temperature.
i dont think it is electrical because the rev counter acts as normal when it cuts out and you are rolling in gear but i could be wrong

anybody else experienced this? if so how can i stop it

cheers

aligti
21-08-2009, 09:52 PM
hey up fella

i had the same i have a gt1.6 carb took the sender out blasted that with my commpresser swapped the inline fliter then blow the swill pot out as well and then blasted all my fuel lines then a bit of redex in the carb and spot on as not done it since so might of been a bit of crap in the fuel lines
whats your filler neck like :D

jasp123
27-08-2009, 12:02 AM
i have fixed the problem :), fuel lines where all corroded and letting air in so not enough fuel getting to the carb also the c**p in the tank was because the filler neck had one hell of a hole in it, all fixed no but still some rubbish in the tank so i cut the little filter thing off the sender so it will eventually clean itself out and then all i need is a new inline filter :D, still hesitates at times when is sucks up a big lump but much better than it was before and this should go in a few days.

aligti
28-08-2009, 05:06 PM
i have fixed the problem :), fuel lines where all corroded and letting air in so not enough fuel getting to the carb also the c**p in the tank was because the filler neck had one hell of a hole in it, all fixed no but still some rubbish in the tank so i cut the little filter thing off the sender so it will eventually clean itself out and then all i need is a new inline filter :D, still hesitates at times when is sucks up a big lump but much better than it was before and this should go in a few days.

good glad you sorted it:D